Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Her454

LVjetboy
    I'd race you blown, but I had you beat <before> the engine upgrade...that by 5+ mph. After don't even think about it. Of course our hulls not even the same league. But then, neither is your blown 472 @ 9 psi (hp = ?) running 78 mph the same league as my n/a stock 454 (415 hp) running 83.6 mph. So compare or not I don't care.
    As for big talk? I always back up talk with true numbers...unlike some. So if the numbers are big then so will be the talk. I don't know when the needles v bash is. Looks like my engine will be done end of May? Still hoping.
    About throwing money? You don't know me but I work hard for what I get. Throwing bags not money. I suppose if you worked hard and had money to spend you'd upgrade your Carlson too? Or not...I don't know you. But I have a passion for my jet. I save money on other things and spend it on my jet. I've also built a few engines before. And, "building your own engine" not nearly the merit badge you fantisize. If you want true performance that is...
    blown, are you a wanna-be v-driver?
    jer

LVjetboy
    Race Girl,
    Didn't mean to ignore you. You, your daughter or both I don't care. Just make sure it's a 100+ mph boat (jet or v) or you may be dissapointed. After the race, drinks and tunes on me.
    jer

Blown 472
    blown, are you a wanna-be v-driver?
    jer [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Yup, had a line on a hondo hydro that had a boss 429 in it but we could not agree on a price for a boat that all I wanted was the hull to stick my blown motor in not the seized up boss. If I run across another v drive hull in this area for a decent price hell yeah that blown motor will go in it and turn some bigger numbers, the jet will then get a junk yard motor, mufflers in the tips and be religated to a drinky wagon. Which is pretty much what I had in mind for it, the blown motor dealio in there right now is a sort out process as I am using my jet for a mule, it will never be fast.
    [ April 17, 2003, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

waterloged
    Hay blown 472, Maybe we could go in on this Boss 429 boat. You can get the boat and I will go for the motor.

Blown 472
    waterloged:
    Hay blown 472, Maybe we could go in on this Boss 429 boat. You can get the boat and I will go for the motor. It is gone, I had someone lined up to buy the motor and when I went to talk to them they had sold it, no idea where it went, anyone in the midwest pick up a hondo with a boss 429 in it??

LVjetboy
    Well, if you got the need for speed blown, sounds like the Carlson's a gonner. I always liked the 007 looks, but hot rod's a stretch. Your engine in a v could do wonders. If you know me you'll know I think you can go faster with a v than a jet...with the same hp...all other things equal.
    ...But when you do get that v, watch out for those occasional tweaked jets! They may surprise you.
    jer

Her454, haybales, and in the pasture. What color on that carpet there little lady, lol's. wink

Kindsvater Flat
    Hud I have a set of 19% gears coming. We'll see what thats going to do.

HCS
    Good to see someone's up besides me. What are the gears gunna do for ya.

Kindsvater Flat
    Hopefully pick up a little speed but mainly lower the rpm for cruising around the lake