Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Treo 600 or 650 cell phone?

cdog
    I was looking at one. The look pretty cool and have lots of options. Check out the link. http://web.palmone.com/products/smar...50/index.jhtml

mbrown2
    I was looking at one. The look pretty cool and have lots of options. Check out the link. http://web.palmone.com/products/smar...50/index.jhtml
    They are pretty cool...I used one for a while....upside...good browser, nice screen and graphics...bigger/better display then older Blackberry types...
    Down side, screen gets washed out in the sun (hard to see), pocket pc wi/fi access for staying connected is less stable then current blackberry (rim) methodology. Not fun to use as a primary phone...wide/fat...need to hit key to bring up touch screen then use touch screen for dialing. You might want to try the new Blackberry 7100G (cingular)...narrower/thinner more phone like with graphics like the treo...still gets washed out thought...I have been using the 7100 for a couple weeks now.

riverbound
    I have the treo 600 do you have any questions about it?

It's all Good
    I have a Treo 650 on Cingular. It is really nice. Bluetooth is a nice added bonus. I am able to send and receive email without any problems. I have had great success connecting to the data service GPRS and EDGE, even while skiing recently in Montana and Canada. I prefer the Palm platform over Pocket PC and Blackberry.

a catered life
    great subject i am currently looking into getting one as we speak. mrbrown how good is it as far as intergation and ease of use? i want one bad but dont want to waste my money and be upset later

cdog
    Well, we travel alot and it seems stupid to bring my laptop with me everywhere. If I can send a email of check to see if an offer came in on a property from this dealio, then that would be real cool. From what i've read the 650 is pretty advanced over the 600. And if I go with the bluetooth, it will be just like carring around a remote with me. Verizon does'nt offer the 650 yet but will be soon. Over all the good out weight's the the bad? I like a small cell phone but if you add all of the other stuff I have to carry around with me to do business when i'm away from my office this treo sounds like a great alternative. How do you like the task manager? I've read that it can tap into your office network.

NorCalCat
    I have the 650. Also have several friends that have the Blackberry. The 650 has more functionality and has more expandable memory. Plus if you are use to the Palm OS, it is real easy to use. Also has a built in mp3, camera (both pic and video) Go to www.zdnet.com you can get some real good information on the competition.

It's all Good
    I would check out a couple of other forums regarding specific applications:
    treocentral.com
    palminfocenter.com
    Do you get offers in the form of PDF documents? If so, right now Adobe Reader for Palm will not open those attahced PDFs directly. They must be converted on your PC then downloaded to your Palm via Palm's Sync software.
    I am not sure what your requirements are in regards to integrating with your office. They do support Goodlink for integration with MS Exchange. Though no support for sending attachments.
    I haven't heard whether Verizon will or will not bring out the Treo 650. They want it to have EV-DO support, but it would require a major change by Palm.

cdog
    I would check out a couple of other forums regarding specific applications:
    treocentral.com
    palminfocenter.com
    Do you get offers in the form of PDF documents? If so, right now Adobe Reader for Palm will not open those attahced PDFs directly. They must be converted on your PC then downloaded to your Palm via Palm's Sync software.
    I am not sure what your requirements are in regards to integrating with your office. They do support Goodlink for integration with MS Exchange. Though no support for sending attachments.
    I haven't heard wether Verizon will or will not bring out the Treo 650. They want it to have EV-DO support, but it would require a major change by Palm.
    I talked to a verizon sales person yesterday and she said it should be avaliable in a month or two. Aparently the palm connects to the internet often to update and it charges the consumer for those minutes. So they are working out the bugs to work with their system. Seems to me you'd want the 49 dollar all you can eat program anyway.

riverbound
    I am on the $49 unlimited plan. You can also postw hor e from it :wink: Great for when the wife drags me to the mall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast