Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets on the East Coast

DerangedToo
    Hi All,
    I Just wanted to introduce myself,My friends call me Deranged, I live on Long Island, and have a 1976 Ceckmate, 18' with a 455 olds and a Berkly Jet, I spent the last year restoring the ride, its a blast and it sees the atlantic ocean !! Hope to hear back from some east coasters that I can maybe hook up with this summer, I dont mind a little travel.
    Thanks for your time,
    Gregg

HammerDown
    Hey derangedToo,welcome...Dont hesitate!!!check out the posts above tittled,Lake Anna Regata,and Havre De Grace The Video.Your not the only east coast jetter not by far.I'am from the Philla area and we have alot of Hot Boats down in this area as well as the Md.+ Dc.area...Heck there's a couple of racers that come down from L.I. just to hang with the Racers and I on the weekend.
    P.S. my work takes me to L.I. every day,Smithtown,Riverhead,Hempstead,Syosett,W Islip,just to name a few,and I'am on my way to Patchoug tomorrow.(2:00am)
    [This message has been edited by HammerDown (edited January 03, 2002).]

DerangedToo
    Hey HammerDown,
    Thanks for the Welcome , Would love to hook up with ya and talk jets one day, you can see pic's of my jet at :
    http://home.mindspring.com/~theaterwiz/_wsn/page2.html
    thanks again
    Gregg

fat rat
    Welcome aboard Deranged.......clean looking ride you got there, come check out Lake Anna, Va. June 8-10, 2002......should be the largest jet boat gathering ever to be held on the east coast. Let me know if you need more info.

cph1964nh
    hey deranged! up here in NH we have a few jets too! my ride is a 1975 17 ft tahiti with a 455 olds and berkley jet. it looks very similar to your checkmate! someday i will figure out how to make a web page and post the pics i have!

DerangedToo
    Hey fat rat
    and cph1964nh
    Thanks for the welcome,no doubt the spring can be very busy for us all, and time is short...I will see if I can get away ,if not certainly beers on me of anyone wants to check out Smiths Point, NY this summer .

burbanite
    cph,
    check out this thread. It is not as daunting a task as it first might seem, once you get it right you will wonder what all the fuss was about!
    No need for your own website, use Webshots (there is a link in this post) and follow HH's instructions. If you format the picture to a reasonable size it makes it easier for everyone to view it without excessive download times and scroll bars.
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000805.html

Wet Dream
    Hey there Deranged, welcome. As you have read, we have the Lake Anna deal and the Havre coming up soon. Hope you can make it out. I noticed you take yours out on the big water. How is that working out for that Olds? I have a 19' Hallett with a 455. I am definately planning on doing some travelling with my ride this year, but I don;t know about carrying her across the GW. I work out of Paterson, NJ and I know what the other drivers are like in the area. I would be arrested for killing the idiot who didn't look before switching lanes and hitting my boat.

DerangedToo
    Hey WetDream
    I launch the boat at a place called smith point, its a suffolk county park, and beach with a ramp and camping, The water is very calm around the ramp and on the bay side of the beach, its about 7 miles to the inlet from there, and if its calm,your out in the ocean in minutes, and it usually is calm...I will definetly be at lake anna, it will be my first lake ride, I grew up on the water here on the south shore of long island, my other boats are outboards,but hey my first car was a V-8 Vega, so this boat is very fitting, btw, my friends all think I am nuts...glad I have found good company...

AntRant
    Hey fellow East Coast, AntRant from New Windsor,N.Y. I would love to hook up with some of you guy this summer. I plan on runn'in in Swinging Bridge in Monticelo, or maybe some early morning runs in the good old Hudson River, Greenwood lake... NO WAY (to crowded out there). Whats all this talk about "Lake Anna Regata".... When,Where?? So lets hookup E-Mail me and let know what you guys are runnin and so pic to......Later, AntRant 76' CVX20 460BBF Berk JE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast