Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping 17'-19' boat from West coast to MI?

MoJetBoPar
    Anybody know of any shipping companies that will ship a 17'-19' to MI???
    I see some very interesting deals on the west coast and was thinking about investigating into doing this over the winter.
    I appreciate any input. Thank you.

Jetmugg
    Approximate cost to ship on a flatbed semi tractor trailer is about $1500. There are some specialty marine shippers that may charge less, based on piggybacking with another shipment. I looked into this a few years ago, when I bought my California Performance boat. I eventually decided to drive to Texas, and meet Bill Scotten halfway from CA. He charged me $600 to deliver from LaHabra, CA to Amarillo, TX.
    SteveM.

jetboatjake
    Post above is Pretty close. If your buying a new boat 1500 to Detroit is close. You will get a wide variety of Costs if you contact different companys BUT remember you get what you pay for. I have flatbed trucks in the LA area every week, I hauled my own boat back that I purchased from Greg at GS marine. If you find something let me know I may be able to help R.B.R. Trucking 800-747-7271 ask for Rob
    Rob(Yes the above is a shameless spam plug)

burbanite
    The costs quoted are on the money, I researched this during the summer. I have had many vehicles moved across the country over the last few years and most of the shipping companies operate the same way, they farm out the work to contractors who often own their own trucks.
    When I bought my boat in CA I did all of the research and finally decided to take my daughters on an adventure - I bought a truck out there as well. I flew the three of us out to Ontario, the guy I bought the boat from picked us up at the airport, drove us to his place where the boat and truck were waiting (he had picked up the truck ) and off we went. This guy was as helpful as anyone I have ever met and I hope I can repay him some day.
    We set off on our journey and of course everywhere we went the boat was right behind us, the Fashion Mall in Scottsdale (teenage girls love that), the Painted Desert, you name it! We never knew where we were going until we decided to go there.
    After several thousand miles we arrived back in Indy none the worse for wear and better for the experience. I got to spend time with my girls in a way that is hard to do these days and we will remember it for many years to come.
    I guess my point is that I took an alternative to the obvious, if you have the opportunity to do something like this don't rule it out.

Havasu_Dreamin
    You may have already done this, but just in case, I recall seeing an ad in the back of HB about a company in Lake Havasu that does this exact type of thing. Also, I think someone may have posted the same question on the message board at www.socal***boats.com (http://www.socal***boats.com)
    HD

572Daytona
    Check out R Xpress http://www.rxpressinc.com/
    About 2 years ago they shipped a 21ft Daytona on the trailer from San Diego to Georgia for about $700. I had to be flexible within a couple of week as to when it shipped so they could send multiple boats at the same time. Unfortunately they shipped my jet with 2 OB bass buggies but that was the last time those egg beaters were able te keep up with my Daytona

MoJetBoPar
    Thanks guys!!!
    I'll print this off and keep it as reference.
    Like I said, there are some sweet deals posted on the internet of various ***boats that are very tempting.

fat rat
    Your best bet is get with a local dealer that has a shippment comming in from the west side......shrink wrapping is very important also, make sure all edges are taped so not to get fine sand up under the wrap.

Costello
    I sold a 19' hydro to a fella in Chicago earlier this year. Sacramento to Chicago was $1700 in freight, boat and trailer. The carrier was an independent owner/operator.

Terrible Buddhist
    BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!! I went with discount moving out of AZ and they moved all of my stuff...caused $7,000 of damage to the boat alone!!!!!! Get references...review their insurance agreement...take lots of pictures before that boat leaves...I mean RIGHT before. BE VERY CAREFUL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast