Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit smoking!

HCS
    Not that anyone that smokes needs another reason to quit. But.
    My mothers side of my familiy are hevy smokers. My mom smokes more than a pack a day and can't quit, she has tried numerous times and has always failed. Her sisters are in the same boat.
    Well, My uncle smoked right along with them. He was a 2 pack a day smoker and could not quit. After several attempts in life he failed everytime to put the damn things down. Now he's in the hospital with throat and lung cancer.
    I got a call this morning from my mom saying he has hours or maybe minutes to live. :frown: He's one of the nicest guys I have ever dealt with in my life.
    God bless him. :frown:
    I have watched my family hooked on those damn cancer sticks all my life. It was only a matter of time before it took one of them down. Get help and quit.
    I have no idea what it's like to be addicted like that. Thank God.

hoolign
    Sorry to hear dude! I just quit a week ago and it is a bitch! but has to be done!!
    Sorry to hear!
    Jeff.

BarryMac
    Really sorry to hear the News HCS, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...
    gjb

Ziggy
    Our regards to the family HCS---

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I am so sorry to hear about this.. your family is in our thoughts.

Tom Brown
    I'm sorry about your uncle, Tom.
    My Dad will probably go down the same way. He's already got emphasima pretty bad.

Krazy K
    I smoked from early 1988 up to about Sept. 2003. It is really tough to quit but something in my mind told me that was that. I had a cig in the Spring of 2004, ended up hacking for about a week after that. The last cig I ever had was the last weekend in July 2004, that one I paid for for about a month's worth of hacking and sore throats. I still have urges but I just think back to the last one.
    I went to the funeral of my step-aunt's, who was a very heavy smoker. After the service, about half the congregation stepped out to smoke. It's an ugly addiction! I'm glad I'm done with it! Now if I could just get rid of this excess 100lbs. I'm carrying......

dicudmore
    sorry Tom :frown:

FMluvswater
    Sorry to hear that your uncle and you and your family are facing such a terrible disease, HCS. Love will get you all through this and past it, no matter the outcome. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :chi:

gnarley
    HCS, sorry to hear that. Smoking is so bad but I don't understand the folks that continue when they see signs of death from it. I hope this is enough to make your mom and sisters quit, it is a high price to pay. :frown:
    My condolences

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast