Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.C.to Corona

HYPNAUTIC
    I need your help.
    If you live in Corona or near by areas and commute to South O.C. can you tell me what your commute is like. What time do you leave in the morning? Where about do you work and how long it takes you to get there? What time do you leave work and how long does it take you to get home? When the toll roads are backed up, how long does it take to get to Green River?
    The wife and I are considering selling our place in Placentia to move to the Mountain Gate area.

HOOTER SLED-
    Hit up Roxysnow. I believe he commutes to OC from Corona if I'm not mistaken. We're looking in Corona ourselves. I'll have to deal with the commute too. Gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck man.

dmontzsta
    I need your help.
    If you live in Corona or near by areas and commute to South O.C. can you tell me what your commute is like. What time do you leave in the morning? Where about do you work and how long it takes you to get there? What time do you leave work and how long does it take you to get home? When the toll roads are backed up, how long does it take to get to Green River?
    The wife and I are considering selling our place in Placentia to move to the Mountain Gate area.
    I commute from Moreno Valley to Anaheim. The 91 W is usually not too bad, you can always use Fasttrack and that helps alot. Occasionally it gets backed up, on the way home...forget it.
    I leave the house at 8am and get to work at 9am.

Newcastle
    My commute. Corona to Anaheim. It sux. Plain and simple.

Roxysnow
    I actually commute from Corona (off Green River) to South OC (irvine). I can typically leave anytime in the morning with no traffic at all. But I do use the toll road daily witch gets me to work in about 20 minutes. I do know it is a biatch drive if you have to take the 91 to the 55 south. The 91 usually backs up at Imperial til you hit the 55. The 55 is usually backed up between 7:30 to 9am.
    Coming home is usually a biatch though. Honestly the 91 is a nightmare anytime between 3pm to maybe 7pm. Since I take the toll road. There is usually traffic backed up the toll road for about a mile between 4pm to 6:30pm. And the merge onto the 91 sucks to because it bottlenecks about a mile from the 91 and toll merge. I ususally leave work at before 4pm or after 6pm. I can ususally get home in about 20 -30 minutes. If you try to leave during prime hours, you maybe looking at 40 to 1 1/2 hours. But the drive home is not bad if you can plan to your advantage. If it wasn't for the toll road, I'd be living in the OC still. PM me if I can be any help.

dmontzsta
    I actually commute from Corona (off Green River) to South OC (irvine). I can typically leave anytime in the morning with no traffic at all. But I do use the toll road daily witch gets me to work in about 20 minutes. I do know it is a biatch drive if you have to take the 91 to the 55 south. The 91 usually backs up at Imperial til you hit the 55. The 55 is usually backed up between 7:30 to 9am.
    Coming home is usually a biatch though. Honestly the 91 is a nightmare anytime between 3pm to maybe 7pm. Since I take the toll road. There is usually traffic backed up the toll road for about a mile between 4pm to 6:30pm. And the merge onto the 91 sucks to because it bottlenecks about a mile from the 91 and toll merge. I ususally leave work at before 4pm or after 6pm. I can ususally get home in about 20 -30 minutes. If you try to leave during prime hours, you maybe looking at 40 to 1 1/2 hours. But the drive home is not bad if you can plan to your advantage. If it wasn't for the toll road, I'd be living in the OC still. PM me if I can be any help.
    yeah, on the way home traffic is usually solid from the 55 til the 15.

Huckleberry
    I go to work at 3:00AM. It's wide open then all the way to Irvine.
    Once in a while I start at 9:00AM. I live off the 15 & El Cerrito. If you take surface streets and get on the freeway at Main or Grand, you only hit a little traffic til about Maple, Serfas Club at the worst. After that it is wide open to the Fastrack lanes or the 241 Tollroad. If I take the 241, I can getfrom my casa to Irvine/Lake Forest in 30-35 minutes. Not too bad.
    Coming home...Roxysnow hit it on the head.

Big Warlock
    I used to live in LA and commute from Rancho Cucamonga to Lake View Terrace. I look back and do not know how I did it all those years.
    I live on top of a mountain, 5 minutes from the shop. There is a Starbucks drive through on the way. It doesn't matter what time I leave, ten minutes tops or fifteen if I do Starbucks. You won't believe how that changed my life. Without talk radio, my blood pressure has gone down 50%! And I can get home and go out to dinner. Gym three times a week. etc etc.
    If you thought about leaving LA, consider it again.
    Best of luck!

slink
    Kevin is right on with this. I live off of Green River and my office is off of Kraemer in Anaheim. Takes me about 15-20 min to get to work but coming home it can take 30 The FasTrak starts at my house and ends at my office Expensive but worth it....
    WTF Tom, you're never at work.....either off in BHC or riding your HOG around. When I grow up I want to be you

riverbound
    My wife commutes from the 15 and hidden valley to the 57 her office is off of orangewood. It takes her about 40mins to 1hour. She also uses fastrak everyday. Coming home is about an hour using fastrak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast