Thread: Diesel Engines and Soy Bean Oil

jdogginla
    Last night friend said he heard on a radio show that you can use straight Soy Bean oil in a diesel engine without any modifications made to the engine. He stated he's going to try it.........I told him he was crazy, but he's insistant that it's 1/2 the cost and gets more mileage. I did a lil online research and saw that it can be done..........but that doesn't mean it should be, LOL. Anyone else try this and what results did you get?

hoolign
    Don't talk him out of it ..I'm all for experiments at other peoples cost worst case he syphons it out and makes wings!

cdog
    Look thru the treads from last week. I started this subject and got lot's of good info and a place to buy the still. I think there's a link and a video on how it's done. The diesel engine was designed to run on peanut oil.

Freak
    Veg oil works fine as long as you follow a few rules.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73144

jdogginla
    He said there's a company in LA that delivers it.........all u need is your own portable pump

cdog
    He said there's a company in LA that delivers it.........all u need is your own portable pump
    Go to here: http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/home/home.asp and watch the video. Good info on how it works and prices.