Thread: Will Imco lower make a Diff.

Fashun
    I have a 28 daytona wiht twin 496HO's with Bravo xz drives, What will i pick up if a guy were to go with some imco lowers. would you gain any speed and is it worth the money. thanks.
    Currentyl I am running around 94mph and 5000rpms and turning bravo 1 32 pitch with 1.36 gears. Thank you.

mickeyfinn
    I have never used imco but from what I have read you will be out some cash and wind up with a drive that has a warranty that isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Fashun
    I dont care if they are imco or whatever. I just looking for a little more speed and less drag through the water. Any help

Robbie Racer
    I have a 28 daytona wiht twin 496HO's with Bravo xz drives, What will i pick up if a guy were to go with some imco lowers. would you gain any speed and is it worth the money. thanks.
    Currentyl I am running around 94mph and 5000rpms and turning bravo 1 32 pitch with 1.36 gears. Thank you.
    Do you have nose cones on your Bravo lower drive units now? If so, what kind of nose cones? If not, you will probably pick up a couple mph just from the integrated nose cone design on the IMCO. I have a B-Max upper drive mated to a Bravo lower with a WPM nose cone on it. I bought a IMCO SC lower to connect to the B-Max upper and have runs some performance tests between the two different lower drive units. Unfortunately, I have never run back to back tests on the same day with the same weather and water conditions. Both lower units seem to give about the same level of top speed performance on my boat. I also tried a B-max lower with integrated nose cone and it was a big dog. I lost about 7 mph with that lower unit. One other difference that I found was that with higher pitch labbed props (32 and 34) I can barely get my boat on plane due to excessive blow out when using the Bravo lower with the WPM nose cone. I don't have that problem with the IMCO lower even though it is supposed to be the same X-dimension as the Bravo.
    Good luck, RR

Jrocket
    Do you have nose cones on your Bravo lower drive units now? If so, what kind of nose cones? If not, you will probably pick up a couple mph just from the integrated nose cone design on the IMCO. I have a B-Max upper drive mated to a Bravo lower with a WPM nose cone on it. I bought a IMCO SC lower to connect to the B-Max upper and have runs some performance tests between the two different lower drive units. Unfortunately, I have never run back to back tests on the same day with the same weather and water conditions. Both lower units seem to give about the same level of top speed performance on my boat. I also tried a B-max lower with integrated nose cone and it was a big dog. I lost about 7 mph with that lower unit. One other difference that I found was that with higher pitch labbed props (32 and 34) I can barely get my boat on plane due to excessive blow out when using the Bravo lower with the WPM nose cone. I don't have that problem with the IMCO lower even though it is supposed to be the same X-dimension as the Bravo.
    Good luck, RR
    This is good to know,thanks.

OGShocker
    IMCO can kiss my A$$!

Fashun
    Are they worth it. or am I better off going with the Imco 1" shorter lowers?

ELIMINAT THIS
    Fashun I ran a stock bravo lower yesterday.We ran short runs less than half mile upriver.Here is the info 95.4 mph 5800 rpm 15.66 % slip (with imco lower 10% 12% max.)We also had a small porpoise(sp) that i dont recall having with the imco.I can tell you at 5800 with the imco we would see high 99 to low 100.With longer harder runs I think we could of got 96-97 out of the bravo. When I get the imco back I will try to duplicate the runs. Im going to say its worth at least 4-5 mph on my boat.Or maybe I just think my boat was faster with the imco lower. :hammerhea I will post the numbers.