Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eminent Domain

Sportin' Wood
    Anyone ever had to deal with this before?
    Damn devoloper did not get his way so there going to play the eminent domain card with the county buying all there BS.
    They wanna take a half acre of my propety for pennies on the dollar. Funny how there fancy little trac of boxes is presold for $400,000 a pop but my half acre is worth only $22,000

Mandelon
    Yes. I had a fourplex that was taken/sold this way. You can appeal their offer and fight it. You get 1033 exchange capability and have 2 years to buy replacement property.
    Ask for a second appraisal, or get one done on your own.

C-2
    I work with Eminent Domain cases - fire away. What County?

Sportin' Wood
    lots of issues on this....... Its for storm drainage but the project only serves the new tracks. It will basicly destroy the value of my ranch. It will wipe out a 100 year old grove of trees that is the big draw of the property. The trees make all the BS go away when I come home from work. I have a red tail hawk nest so I am gonna do some research on the raptor nests.
    Man the whole thing just sucks... I just wanna be left the fawk alone when I am lucky enough to be home. First I can't ride dirt bikes on my property and now they take it from me... Bastards :boxingguy

Sportin' Wood
    I work with Eminent Domain cases - fire away. What County?
    Bless You! which side are you on? I'm in Rivco

C-2
    The bad one.
    Riverside County is not a client though. What stage you at? Have they adopted a resolution permitting acquistion by ED, or are they still negotiating with the property owners?

moneypit
    Ya. Go find your self a bunch of bones and bury them all over their property. When they start digging and start finding bones, the inspectors will shut them down. Maybe that will buy you some time. They may think its an indian burial ground. (its called salting the property)

C-2
    For starters - all eyes are on the US Supreme Court right now. They took an eminent domain case for review in february and are expected to rule by June 05. Many municipal lawyers are following this case closely since their ruling could change the manner in which eminent domain laws are applied.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/21/sc...minent.domain/
    Moneypit
    You are an interesting character. We'll have to hook up atthe poker run for a beer!
    The Red Tail Hawk and bones...both are not that far off from some effective and serious wrenches that can be thrown into the mix.

moneypit
    [QUOTE=C-2]Moneypit
    You are an interesting character. We'll have to hook up atthe poker run for a beer!QUOTE]
    Sounds good to me. I have reserved the biggest room at the Nautical. I plan on throwin' a party. I will bring the captain.

Dr. Eagle
    Ya. Go find your self a bunch of bones and bury them all over their property. When they start digging and start finding bones, the inspectors will shut them down. Maybe that will buy you some time. They may think its an indian burial ground. (its called salting the property)
    Or they'll arrest you for mass murder.... :220v:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast