Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPod help

Nubbs
    I just got an iPod last night. I loaded the itunes software onto my home computer and uploaded some songs to my iPod. This morning at work, I also loaded the itunes software onto my work computer and uploaded a bunch of songs to my iPod. When I got home from work, I tried to upload some more songs from my home computer to my iPod. However, when I connected my iPod to my home computer, I got a message saying my iPod is linked to a different song library. I could choose to replace the songs on the iPod with the songs on my home computer, or I could leave it alone. Well, I chose to leave it alone instead of erasing all the songs I uploaded at work. So, my question is, can I upload songs from multiple computers to my iPod? How? Or, is there a way I can combine the song libraries from the 2 computers?
    Thanks
    Nubbs

EliminatorJet
    I haven't had this problem myself, but you might want to try changing the option of having your iPod automatically update when connected to the computer.
    You can do this by hooking up the iPod to the computer it is currently working with, loading itunes, and in the lower right hand corner of itunes there should be an ipod shaped icon. When you click on this, there should be an option to turn off automatic updating.
    I think you were getting that error message to prevent you from plugging into another library and accidently deleting a bunch of songs.

Perfect Mixer
    There is software out there that you can "liberate" your music from your iPod to another computer, but it has to stay "linked" to only one library. It's kind of a pain when you load music on both home and work computers, I can tell you that for sure. But, it does work. PM me if you still need help.

Nubbs
    Thanks for the replys. I'll try the other forum and I'll switch the setting tomorrow morning at work. If that don't work, I'll be sending a pm to you PM.
    Thanks

MAINEVENT
    Go here and ask the ? and you should get a quick answer:
    http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthr...threadid=31503
    Damn bro this site is saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :supp:

phebus
    When I hook my iPod to a given computer, it will either load or unload to whatever is on that computers playlist. Integrating of playlists would be cool, but I don't know how it's done either, and have the same exact problem as you.

moneypit
    I have heard some cool stuff about the Ipod.. How do they function with a car or boat radio? How do they link? Or can they? I remember external CD players. You have to use a cassette type delio....

Bense468
    I have heard some cool stuff about the Ipod.. How do they function with a car or boat radio? How do they link? Or can they? I remember external CD players. You have to use a cassette type delio....
    They make an FM transmitter. Its like 35 bucks

SDLifesaver
    iPod is the best thing since sliced bread. You can have 2 music libraries but your iPod will only recognize 1. That is how Apple protects itself from everybody file sharing. Just use 1 computer as overal song storage, burn a disc of the other music you have and upload it to the computer with the library. Good luck

phebus
    iPod is the best thing since sliced bread. You can have 2 music libraries but your iPod will only recognize 1. That is how Apple protects itself from everybody file sharing. Just use 1 computer as overal song storage, burn a disc of the other music you have and upload it to the computer with the library. Good luck
    For the computer challenged, when you burn MP3 onto a CD, does a regular CD-R work, and about how many songs could be transferred on one CD.
    I have my downloads on two different computers, and would like to combine them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast