Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Havasu and been checked for db rating yet??

Liquid Courage
    This season?? Site 6, Windsor, main marina??? Just wondering if it's becoming a reality?

dicudmore
    marina has been checking since last Sept

shadow
    This season?? Site 6, Windsor, main marina??? Just wondering if it's becoming a reality?
    Been out in the boat and around the channel in the boat several times in the past month.This past weekend the channel was pretty full with boats.several law enforcement present and Haven't seen anyone or heard of anyone being hastled for noise yet.There were several boats that were clearly over the limit.This doesn't mean they are not hastling anyone.I just haven't seen it when i've been out there recently.They seemed to be more focused on the Sausage boats full of spring breakers and underage drinking.Once the spring breakers leave they may start to focus on noise more.I think the LE will have thier hands full with underage drinking,overloaded life jacket violations,that kind of stuff.Unless ofcourse you are just blatantly loud.There was a turbine boat cruising the channel on sun that was well over 100db.

syke-o
    i know they are checking at the marina, and heard they are not checking at site 6, but what about windsor??

Liquid Courage
    When we were there last (October '04) we were pulling a friends Tiger onto the trailer at Windsor and were told that after 1-05 they would be checking for db violations at all the launch ramps. Now I assume they thought I didnt' know of 'other' ramps and ways to get a boat on the lake w/out being tested but the ranger said they would be getting together with all LE in the area to insure the enforcement was the same across the board. None of this crap the Main marina was pulling where 75 year old d!ck heads that didn't know sh!t about testing pulled a db tester out from their little golf cart and stuck it up the pipe of a boat they didn't like to get a sound reading. Hi, when were they trained to use this device?? Oh, that's right, they weren't....Ok, sorry I started to rant there...Anyway, I was just wondering with all the worrying that's been going on how bad it really will be. The Cigarette I just bought has switchable mufflers and I believe it's legal when they are on but I still don't want to be hastled.

phuggit
    We launched at Windsor last weekend. There were a lot of Rangers at the launch ramp, but I didn't see anyone getting checked for mufflers.

Havasu Cig
    When we were there last (October '04) we were pulling a friends Tiger onto the trailer at Windsor and were told that after 1-05 they would be checking for db violations at all the launch ramps. Now I assume they thought I didnt' know of 'other' ramps and ways to get a boat on the lake w/out being tested but the ranger said they would be getting together with all LE in the area to insure the enforcement was the same across the board. None of this crap the Main marina was pulling where 75 year old d!ck heads that didn't know sh!t about testing pulled a db tester out from their little golf cart and stuck it up the pipe of a boat they didn't like to get a sound reading. Hi, when were they trained to use this device?? Oh, that's right, they weren't....Ok, sorry I started to rant there...Anyway, I was just wondering with all the worrying that's been going on how bad it really will be. The Cigarette I just bought has switchable mufflers and I believe it's legal when they are on but I still don't want to be hastled.
    That day had a little to do with the decision to sell the Cig. Where are pics of the new ride?

Liquid Courage
    That day had a little to do with the decision to sell the Cig. Where are pics of the new ride?
    Yea, that day was fairly BS. But I guess we'll see how it works out in April at the poker run. That will be the big test with all the big boats coming in for the run. We changed our reservations from LBR to the Nautical because of the enforcement of length in the channel. I'm sure you remember that part too eh Chris?
    I'm not sweatin' it too hard. I know I can always get the Cig on the lake one way or another even if they are testing :wink: And with the switchable mufflers I think I'll be ok which is cool. I just wish the main marina would pull their heads out of their azzes. I don't like Windsor and site 6 is too small for the Gun trailer. Cheng found that out the hard way with the Gladiator.
    The pics of the TG are on OSO. It should be here Friday afternoon.

Garrddogg
    the guy at the marina tested me two weeks ago and with the mufflers I tested @ 91db @ 10' off transome I dont think it was even 10' back!
    go figure, what are the LAWS again cause I must have missed something! :hammer2:

Liquid Courage
    the guy at the marina tested me two weeks ago and with the mufflers I tested @ 91db @ 10' off transome I dont think it was even 10' back!
    go figure, what are the LAWS again cause I must have missed something! :hammer2:
    I think it's only 5' back and 10" up or something like that. But it has to be like dead quiet to not pick up other boats. If you read the article in HB they talked about how other boats affected the reading. If you are that close I'd say test it again with no other boats running.
    I assume the main marina is still enforcing the length limit too? What is it now 21'??!! Because it seems to keep getting smaller! F*ck the main marina after all the b.s. they've pulled. Even if they opened it wide open again I still wouldn't go there!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast