Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drilling in Alaska

spectratoad
    has been approved. Wonder how long until we see a relief in gas prices? Maybe the middle east will lower theirs a litlle??? Yeah right.
    Or will the environmentalist lawsuits hack the approval apart???

Advantage Adam
    The reason for oil prices increasing is do to China. Their demand for oil has doubled in the last 5 years which has caused more of a limited supply.

spectratoad
    I am sure China adds to the problem but there is always a line of tankers off of our coast waiting to be unloaded. We just can't refine it quick enough.
    That is another part of our problem. We need to build a couple more refineries but guess who always blocks it..........our favorite environmentalists. :messedup:

Advantage Adam
    I am sure China adds to the problem but there is always a line of tankers off of our coast waiting to be unloaded. We just can't refine it quick enough.
    That is another part of our problem. We need to build a couple more refineries but guess who always blocks it..........our favorite environmentalists. :messedup:
    I agree

And the oil companies found they can elevate prices by shutting down refineries. Time to nationalize the petroleum industry.

spectratoad
    And the oil companies found they can elevate prices by shutting down refineries. Time to nationalize the petroleum industry.
    That could be a good idea. I think that since it is a commodity that regulation would help. I just hate having the government get involved. Things always get F'ed up when that happens.

Freak
    Oil is now becoming the most valuable commodity. We will see more of this.
    A GANG of 35 pirates armed with machine guns and rocket launchers seized a fully-laden gas tanker in the Malacca Strait at the weekend, a piracy watchdog reported today, rekindling fears of a terrorist attack in the vital waterway...
    ..The narrow 960km waterway bordered by Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia is used by about 50,000 ships a year carrying a third of world trade and half its oil supplies.
    http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html

Propster
    The funny thing is that most of the people in Alaska are all for drilling up there, the citizens, eskimos, most everyone.
    The people stopping it are the greenies down here that don't want any drilling anywhere, then complain that we are dependant on foreign oil and that the price is too high.

GLDI8HR
    How bout everybody on this board put a little money in and we build are own refinerie? Then we can sell the left over!

hoolign
    It's not very hard to buy a well, a refiinery on the other hand...good luck!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast