Thread: Ipod to Alpine part #

Essex29
    What is the part # for the plug that will allow my Ipod to play via the Alpine 9827???

phebus
    Check with Roz, I'm in the process of getting one from him, but the KCA410C, and or the KCA420C are the parts to integrate the iPod to your Alpine system. Since I have XM, and a CD changer, I would need both if I wanted to have control at the head unit for the iPod, or use just the 410 and be able to hook up the iPod and control it just from the iPod itself. I am going with just the 410, and mounting the iPod at the helm, and controlling it from there.

Essex29
    Check with Roz, I'm in the process of getting one from him, but the KCA410C, and or the KCA420C are the parts to integrate the iPod to your Alpine system. Since I have XM, and a CD changer, I would need both if I wanted to have control at the head unit for the iPod, or use just the 410 and be able to hook up the iPod and control it just from the iPod itself. I am going with just the 410, and mounting the iPod at the helm, and controlling it from there.
    Hey Phebus....thanks for the reply, but I dont want to control it from the deck. I think there is a rca to some plug cable that will allow it.
    Btw, man you must spend a lot of time on here...everytime I'm on so are you..hmmmm maybe I spend a lot of time :notam:

phebus
    The part you need if you don't wat to control it from the head unit is the KCA410C. It takes the AiNet cable from the head unit, and has ports for the rca cables from the iPod to attach. That is what I am getting from Roz.
    And yes, I am on here a lot lately. I just had my second back surgery (unsuccessfull), so I am spending a lot of time flat on my back drugged out awaiting my third surgery. Thank god for the boards, they help maintain my sanity. There has been more then one time I felt like just putting a gun to my head and ending it.

Essex29
    The part you need if you don't wat to control it from the head unit is the KCA410C. It takes the AiNet cable from the head unit, and has ports for the rca cables from the iPod to attach. That is what I am getting from Roz.
    And yes, I am on here a lot lately. I just had my second back surgery (unsuccessfull), so I am spending a lot of time flat on my back drugged out awaiting my third surgery. Thank god for the boards, they help maintain my sanity. There has been more then one time I felt like just putting a gun to my head and ending it.
    That sucks man...I've had my share of back problems, but not to the degree your at....what exactly is the problem?
    Will you be able to boat this year?

phebus
    O.K. just found out about another way to hook up an iPod to Alpine head units. It is the Alpine KCA801B. I PM'd Roz for the info on it. It is cheaper then the KCA410C, but I don't think it has all the capabilities. I have XM, and a 12 disc changer already coming off the head unit, so I think if I want to keep everything hooked up, i need the 410 unit.
    The more I have and use the iPod though, the less chance I will ever use the 12 disc changer, so I have to talk with Roz to find out what would work best for me.
    I love the iPod, and don't know how much if any I will use cd's anymore, and the head unit has the ability to still play a cd if I choose to.
    As far as the back goes, I have had a discectomy/lamnectomy, and a second discectomy with a broken facet bone removed, but I'm in more pain then ever, so now they are talking about a three place fusion. I meet with another doctor tomorrow in an attempt to get more answers, and hopefully a plan of action.
    Rick

phebus
    O.K. I just found another option. I think It all depends on what accesories you are running off your head unit, as to what you need to hook it up. It looks like this is the most simple way to go if you aren't running XM or disc changer.
    http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piealpairca.html

phebus
    Roz, please hop in on this thread!!! This is the typical thing, where the more info I get, rather then geting convinced of what I neeed, I just get more confused.

Essex29
    O.K. I just found another option. I think It all depends on what accesories you are running off your head unit, as to what you need to hook it up. It looks like this is the most simple way to go if you aren't running XM or disc changer.
    http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piealpairca.html
    That's the one I need! No xm or changer just the ipod...
    Thanks for the link...
    Hey Phebus what line of work are you in? Are you able to work with your back problems?

phebus
    That's the one I need! No xm or changer just the ipod...
    Thanks for the link...
    Hey Phebus what line of work are you in? Are you able to work with your back problems?
    I'm a fireman, and at this point, it looks like I am done. I am out of work right now, and facing a forced medical retirement.