Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19' ranger

460 WJ
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new here just getting my boat back together. Just wondering what you guy think this thing will do. I know they all run at least 100mph..LOL
    I'm running a 460 BBF about 600 hp give or take 20 hp. A Jacuzzi WJ blueprinted opened bowl and cut shaft with a place deverter and droop snoot. I have a B impeller in it now. I have been told I may want a C impeller to get the RPM's up to get the max HP out of the motor. I have a GPS to get the actual MPH. Just figured I would ask the pro's on here what they think? I'm in Michigan so I'm at least a month from the first run. I'm hoping for the middle 80's. But I think I'm to high...

460 WJ
    Not even one guess?

emjay
    OK, I'll tell him....
    Pics... pics... pics!
    I'm no pro here, but pics really help to see the set-up you describe.
    Also itwould be nice to see another member's ride.
    To get in the 80's you may need some more goodies underneath,
    like a ride plate, loader grate, shoe... ? :idea:
    And now I'll let the pro's take over.

Sangster
    And some more HP.......

460 WJ
    OK I will get on the pic's A.S.A.P. The boat is about 150 miles from me.. Should be up there next weekend or two.

454hanson
    Im from Minnesota, wondering if you knew of any boat shops or performance places around this area?

460 WJ
    What do you need to get done? Pump work or engine?

454hanson
    well for starters I need to find a Head for my 455, Ka #413191 is what I have. Went to go through the motor, had it maged and suprise suprise crack between intake and exaust valve. havent even dug into pump yet but Im sure it needs some help. the parts places ive found so far are california marine out of canada and Jet boat performance any others out there closer? Have a 77 sanger with berkly if that helps at all. Currently in Iraq so wont be doing any thing right away just looking for some shops closer to my area for when I get back.

460 WJ
    I have bought alot from Tom at Jet boat performance. He is great to deal with. As for the 455 I don't care for them engines. You should switch to a ford or even a chevy...lol

454hanson
    would prefer a 454 any day, but want to keep cost to a minimum. what all would I have to change over to make the swap pump wise? would it be better to to find a junk boat and rob parts? this is the first non chevrolet powered toy ive bought, not to proud of the olds but got a good deal on the boat. I should just drop the motor from my chevelle ss--na couldnt do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast