Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folsom Lake

25Elmn8r
    My wifes family is putting a little something together this summer at Folsom and I was wondering if it was worth dragging the boat up? I have never been and was hoping someone here could shed some light.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

NorCalCat
    My wifes family is putting a little something together this summer at Folsom and I was wondering if it was worth dragging the boat up? I have never been and was hoping someone here could shed some light.
    Decent lake. I hear the cops are hard asses, so make sure you have mufflers. Worth the tow.
    My $.02

a catered life
    where is that lake located?

infotraker
    I've been boating on Folsom for 20 years with my 68 Schiada Flat and recently with my Sanger Pickle. There is a marina and launch off Geeen Valley rd , launch at Granite Bay and a nice launch and picnic area right near the water (if early in the summer, lake gets low fast) at Folsom Point launch off Green Vally rd.
    The lake usually is best (flatter ) in the early to mid morning). The wind roughs up the lake after noon usually. There are 2 narrower arms (North and south forks) where you can get into smoother water. We usually just go out and run a little and the find a place to float around and swim. I have had no noise checks done so far, I do run mufflers.Hope this year they do not get tougher on noise.
    Email or pm if you want more info.

25Elmn8r
    Thanks for the info. I think we are actually staying at one of the campgrounds there. not sure which one yet. I guess I am just going along for the ride.
    Info, you say the lake gets low. We are headed up in August. Do I need to worry about certain areas to stay away from with my outdrive? What is the size of this lake? Compared to say Havasu or maybe some smaller local lakes here in So Cal. I haven't been able to find that info yet. We are going to be camping out, so I think we will be by the marina is what I think my father in law said. The info I have gotten from them is spotty at best so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

a catered life
    hey 25 when are u going to be there? looks like we will be there around the week of april 4-11 i check out that lake on the web and will be making reservations tonight

stoker2001
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...001111-med.JPG http://http://forums.screamandfly.co...chmentid=82425 http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...chmentid=82425 was out there on tuesday,water is comming up nicely and i am guessing it will fill this year.lake has got 75 miles of shoreline when full.i love this time of year as i have been testing the little pisspot rocket for upcoming IHBA race in pheonix and the plow boats havent taken over yet :cry: we are getting brand new Stoker 224 next month which will handle the wash machine water in the peak months.if i can post pic and you see this boat say hey

25Elmn8r
    hey 25 when are u going to be there? looks like we will be there around the week of april 4-11 i check out that lake on the web and will be making reservations tonight
    catered, we arent heading up until August some time. I just like to plan ahead and get my ducks in a row.
    Stoker, I don't see the pic. Get the pics up. Would love to see the new ride.

stoker2001
    catered, we arent heading up until August some time. I just like to plan ahead and get my ducks in a row.
    Stoker, I don't see the pic. Get the pics up. Would love to see the new ride.i edited my last thread,did pic show up?

25Elmn8r
    i edited my last thread,did pic show up?
    there is 1 that showed up. Looks good. you should really enjoy it. What are you doing for power? hopefully we will see you out there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast