Thread: Engine/Electrical Problem

Taylorman
    I need some suggestions. I have a new ghost in my boat that started this weekend. When under power my boat would just shut off. No sputtering or stumble it would just die instantly. The strange thing is i could start it right back up. It happened about 5 times saturday. The last couple of times i re-started the boat before it came off plain. Its gotta be electrical. I have an MSD 6AL, blaster coil, distributor and plug wires. All my wires are all soldered good. Anyone ever have such a problem?

502 JET
    Recheck all your electrical connections.If you have any fuse holders check them for corrosion.

Could be ignition switch.

Taylorman
    Could be ignition switch.
    Good call, i did not think of that. Its probable tough to troubleshoot that since the problem is intermitent.

put a test light on it and wiggle the key and all the terminals around and see if you can get it to fail. Or tap on it with a screwdriver handle or something.

JAY4SPEED
    Also, along with checking the positive side of circuits, don't overlook loose / bad ground wires.
    Jay

502 JET
    If you are running a kill switch dont over look it as a possibility.If after rechecking everything and you still cant find a problem take a look around the MSD site.http://www.msdignition.com/