Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Sell Boat Person to Person in AZ?

It's Only Money
    When I purchased my boat in AZ. we arranged to have my bank wire transfer the funds into the selers account. The seller prior to signing over the boat, called his bank and verified the funds were in place, and it was a done deal.
    Thanks for the good ideas and answers.
    Phebus - How did you arrange to do the wire transfer? I assume you need the routing number from the sellers bank account. Did you contact your bank with the routing number and they took care of it? I have never done a wire transfer individual to individual.

phebus
    Thanks for the good ideas and answers.
    Phebus - How did you arrange to do the wire transfer? I assume you need the routing number from the sellers bank account. Did you contact your bank with the routing number and they took care of it? I have never done a wire transfer individual to individual.
    The seller provided me with the routing number for his bank account. I then went to my bank, and arranged a transfer from my account to his. I set a time up with my bank when the transfer would take place (it was a time frame, but a small one), and met the seller at the pre designated time. Hooked the boat up to my tow vehicle, shared a beer, and he went inside and called his bank. As promised and set up, the his bank verified the funds were in his account, and off I went. There was a cost for the wire transfer, but as I recall it was approx. 30.- or so.
    I suggest looking into this option, as it was seamless, and gave the seller the assurance that the funds were good, and secured in his bank account.

Mike.A
    Just talked to my bank here in AZ. they said theres only really 2 safe ways of doing this, (since my buyer is out of state). Have the buyer take cash to a national or large bank such as B of A and buy a cashiers check, then when the transaction takes place, go to B of A with the buyer and have B of A cash the check and issue a new one to your bank. This way B of A becomes responsible for the funds and you are guaranteed the money. The other way is CASH. They said with the wire transfer way, there is account numbers involved and there is a risk. I hate having to think this way, but the scums of the earth have forced it upon us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123