Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm driving along...

HP350SC
    and this truck coming towards me is flashing his headlights hi/low, on/off turn signals etc. I'm thinking WTF so I instinctively back off the throttle, and 10 seconds later there is a speed trap with biker cops dead ahead. I have adopted this technique and done it several times to warn other drivers. Don't know if it helped, but they prolly figured it out after I passed them. Let's start a new trend. Try this whenever you can :clover:

Kilrtoy
    and this truck coming towards me is flashing his headlights hi/low, on/off turn signals etc. I'm thinking WTF so I instinctively back off the throttle, and 10 seconds later there is a speed trap with biker cops dead ahead. I have adopted this technique and done it several times to warn other drivers. Don't know if it helped, but they prolly figured it out after I passed them. Let's start a new trend. Try this whenever you can :clover:Speed traps are ILLEGAL :supp:

HP350SC
    Not up here they aren't. I drive 18 miles from suburbs to work, have to deal with cit, county and staters in the same stretch. Not that I speed, I run 63 or so in the 55. Just a nice thing to do for others who may not be paying attention.

spectras only
    [QUOTE=HP350SC]and this truck coming towards me is flashing his headlights hi/low, on/off turn signals etc. I'm thinking WTF so I instinctively back off the throttle, and 10 seconds later there is a speed trap with biker cops dead ahead.
    I thought it was common practice world wide. Everybody does it here

HP350SC
    All right then, that's encouraging! Pass it on.

Kilrtoy
    Not up here they aren't. I drive 18 miles from suburbs to work, have to deal with cit, county and staters in the same stretch. Not that I speed, I run 63 or so in the 55. Just a nice thing to do for others who may not be paying attention. Working speed and speed traps are two different things and i beleive you hav ethem confused
    A speed trapp would be placing a sign lets say on the freeway saying the limit is 40MPH, when we all know the limit is 55 or 65MPH, that is a speed trap
    A cop sitting on the side of the road waiyting for a motorist to speed down the road is not a speed trap...

HP350SC
    Oh Ok, my mistake. I figured 3 biker cops working a stretch qualified. You guys in CA. are more up on the laws and such I think. What the heck are you up so late for

JetBoatRich
    and this truck coming towards me is flashing his headlights hi/low, on/off turn signals etc. I'm thinking WTF so I instinctively back off the throttle, and 10 seconds later there is a speed trap with biker cops dead ahead. I have adopted this technique and done it several times to warn other drivers. Don't know if it helped, but they prolly figured it out after I passed them. Let's start a new trend. Try this whenever you can :clover:
    we do that all the time, see some sort of law enforcement with radar :idea: and warn the other drivers

RiverOtter
    I've gone so far as signaling motorists when I'm running and see a speed trap . It's just revenue enhancement. :burningm:

Waldo
    I have experience the same thing traveling to the river...mainly on Rice Road. I have slowed down and there were CHPs just waiting. I have also done the "flashy" part and hope it helped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast