Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feed Yourself

pops1
    Today starts a weird day for us. A woman will have her feeding tube removed.
    She has been in a coma state for sometime. Legal battles have gone on over removing her feed tube for sometime. Someone of wealth posted and deposited 1 Million dollars, for the Husband if he will allow the care and control to pass over to her parents.
    The husband has been with another woman now long enough to be termed Legal Marriage. He also has children by this woman.
    His contention is his wife had told him she never wanted to be force fed at anytime.
    The Family’s response is no one ever heard her say such a thing, and asked if he would divorce her and allow all custody to go to them.
    Courts have ruled his right.
    Yesterday, she was prepared to remove the tube and administered some type of drug to aid her in the pain of starvation. It is estimated she will take some 12 days to die under this condition.
    Putting everything aside as to you do or don't support this! I keep thinking of her smile and eye's following a passing balloon as it floats over her head in a news release.

Steve 1
    They should leave her on the tube her parents not the husband should call the shots as he may have had a hand in her current state..

mickeyfinn
    That is what a "living will" is for. I am in no way in favor of "euthanasia", however if the situation is hopeless ( I realize this can be abused) I am not in favor of keeping someone in a prolonged period of pain just to be able to say that their brain or their heart is still functioning. I believe that in most states this argument is avoided by making it illegal without a living will. This should serve as a reminder to all of us who don't want to be cared for with a feeding tube or other life support with little or no hope of survival to get a living will and make sure it is notorized and witnessed and in the hands of someone who can speak for you in the event it is needed. There are always exceptions to doctors opinions. I remember a few years back about a victim who had been in a coma for many years who finally woke up. This may seem callous but what happens if the man gets a divorce while she is incapacitated, remarries and her family keeps her alive for 5 or 10 years and then she wakes up. The way our court systems make some stupid rulings now days her ex-husband could be in for a wild ride if she chose to dispute the divorce. In this particular case I think that if she has no living will and she lives in a state that forbids it without one the law should be followed. If she doesn't have a living will and the doctor's make the decision that recovery is not going to happen and recommend the tube be removed then so be it. I do not think the parents should be have the final say so. I know in my family that I am much closer to my wife than her parents or brothers and sisters. She sees them twice or three times a year and talks to her parents once every other month or so. At least in my case I am very sure I could comply with what my wife would want a lot better than her family could.

Her454
    Interesting....I've been down this road before in a similar thread. It's a very difficult decision PERIOD, for either side. I agree with the living will though, both my parents had one - STILL very difficult if you are listed on the paperwork.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ght=euthanasia

Steve 1
    If she was Hispanic or a Muslim the story would be much different.

Blown 472
    If she was Hispanic or a Muslim the story would be much different.
    F UCK OFF YOU RACIST F UCKING A SSHOLE. Why don't you go back to f ucking your sister?

Steve 1
    F UCK OFF YOU RACIST F UCKING A SSHOLE. Why don't you go back to f ucking your sister?
    AND you would be the expert and know all about that Pervo Incestuous 472 BTW your kids have flippers??? Play a Banjo ??

Steve 1

Steve 1
    Bent 472 first day on the new job.. Hey the guys family tree is a friggin light pole what the hell do you expect.
    http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/...signs.asp.jpeg

Steve 1
    No problem Bent 472's Uncle/Daddy/Brother gave him another job hanging road signs.but having a IQ of 35 is a slight drawback/
    http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/540924one_way.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast