Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Spouse Swapping and the consensus?

Her454
    I'm not in to spouse swapping, and I dont believe its healthy or even moral. Everyone experiments in life and I think you learn from it - good or bad but I dont believe in it as a lifestyle. Whats the general opinion out there on it...found this article this morning and wondered if I am among the minority?
    Couples Say 'Swinging' Can Make Marriage Stronger
    These couples say participating in "swinging" parties where they sometimes swap sexual partners strengthens their marriages. (ABC News)
    March 18, 2005 — On the hit ABC show "Desperate Housewives," cheating destroys marriages because spouses lie and get caught.
    But we found couples who say they have found a way to enjoy the company of others without the deception. It's called the "Lifestyle" or swinging, an arrangement where couples have sex with other couples, and there is no secrecy.
    Brian and Olga Depenbrock got married four years ago. Now they run a business together, and after work they like to go to a club in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., called Trapeze. It looks like other nightclubs, with a dance floor, buffet, bar.
    But it is not like other clubs, because in back there's a locker room where couples can get undressed, and, if they want, have sex in different bedrooms with other couples — or watch each other in hot tubs. It's called swinging or "the lifestyle."
    Isn't it immoral? Four couples I talked with said, no, it's a good thing.
    "What we do is not illegal. And I don't believe it's immoral," Brian Depenbrock said.
    Chris, who participates in the lifestyle with his wife, Lavonne, said, "I don't want to be 85 years old, looking back on my life, like, 'Man, I didn't have enough sex in my life.' "
    Another swinging couple, Bob and Tess, were college sweethearts. (Most of the couples we talked to didn't want their last names used.) They've been married 18 years, and five years into their marriage decided to try the lifestyle.
    "Tess was the first woman I ever kissed in my whole life. So you always have an innate curiosity about, 'How would another woman feel?' I no longer have that curiosity," Bob said.
    Swinging was Tess' idea. She heard about it from a girlfriend and was intrigued. She figured their relationship was strong enough to give swinging a try. "You have to be completely open and honest with each other," she said.
    Won't they look back at their lives and feel that they ruined the intimacy they had with each other by having sex with all these other people?

Jbb
    everyone experiments in life...lol...Ask Brown about the time he thought snorting Comet....would give him a killer buzz!
    funny you should mention this as I have the perfect pics for this sent to my by none other than Mr Ibex.....but I dont think I can post them.....and not get run off...lol.

RitcheyRch
    One of my sheriff buddies told me that swinging is fairly common in the Santa Clarita Valley. I have never done it and have no intentions on starting.
    I also have heard they claim it makes the marriage or relationship stronger but I would think it would make it worse in the long term scheme of things.

mbrown2
    My thought is play with fire long enough and you get burned.

HavasuDreamin'
    Hey.......if that floats some peoples boats, then great..............but why get married? :idea: Marriage is suppose to be between two (man and woman).......Period. :eat:

carreraboat
    dont think it would make my marriage stronger by watching someone else pork my wife!

ROZ
    Use to know 2 couples who were friends who swapped for years. Both had kids.... The ladies left the guys for each other and are now a couple raising all the kids.... The ladies were hot, too....

a catered life
    dont think it would make my marriage stronger by watching someone else pork my wife!
    key word here ladies and gentleman "pork" lol :220v:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    i cannot envision a worse idea. i mean c'mon....SNORTING COMET? LOL
    seriously, i couldn't imagine the backlash of something like that. it could take a while or it could be immediate. what if the guy that nails your wife does it better than you?

1stepcloser
    Use to know 2 couples who were friends who swapped for years. Both had kids.... The ladies left the guys for each other and are now a couple raising all the kids.... The ladies were hot, too....
    :2purples: :yuk:

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast