Thread: new to jets

votech
    just got first jet boat ,it has a water press reg of pump to motor,but no press guage . so if you were going to put a guage , were would you put it and how much press would want??

votech
    anyone??

clownpuncher
    anyone??
    Give it some time bud, it's only been a half hour. Lots of talented guys here and several will be sure to chime in soon and give ya some help.

Ken F
    just got first jet boat ,it has a water press reg of pump to motor,but no press guage . so if you were going to put a guage , were would you put it and how much press would want??
    Hopefully it is a bypass regulator with an overboard dump. You should look for 15 lbs max and the guage can go anywhere it is visilble. Pressure should stay the same throughout the system. (Think of hydraulics)
    look at the pressure written on your radiator cap on your car or truck. that is what they are designed to carry, otherwise your risking blowing gaskets.
    Hope that helps
    Ken F

votech
    i dont think it's a bypass ,thats why i want the guage. so guage into tstat housing would be ok?

sanger rat
    Intake manifold would be fine.

MudPumper
    I put mine on the intake manifold just behind the thermostat housing. I was told you want no more than 25psi max at WOT. I run around 15psi when cruising and 22 psi WOT. You want enough psi to make sure you dont develop "hot spots" in the motor but not so much that you blow gaskets. Good luck and lets see some pics of your boat.

votech
    i,ll try to post some pics this weekend, thanks for the info. i think it'll be a good first jet boat ,1979 cp 19 gullwing, saw a couple on the river, looked stable and fast

victorfb
    i,ll try to post some pics this weekend, thanks for the info. i think it'll be a good first jet boat ,1979 cp 19 gullwing, saw a couple on the river, looked stable and fast
    thats a great boat. surprized to see that as a first boat but what the heck, jump right in. alot of people can tell you that it takes a while to learn to be a boat owner/driver, so be careful, dont be affraid to ask alot of questions on mechanicals, fundamentals, up keep, ect. i know it sounds silly, but you learn alot as you go. launching and retrieving, driving SAFELY, knowing what to look for on the water and on the boat. you have a great hull and many on here would kick your butt if you ruin it. :smile:
    congradulations on the new boat, and the advice allready givin seems to be about right. you may want to look into the by pass regulator, but if this one is working for you then no problem.

votech
    it's not first boat , just first jet boat. we have been sking the river from blythe to walters camp for 15 years or so, we had a tournament barefoot boat before this , thanks for the info