Thread: Trim Tabs And Place Diverter

Hallett19
    Now that I have a diverter on my boat, will I still need the trim tabs ? I have taken them off before and noticed that only made the boat come on a plane a bit quicker, but nothing real drastic. Will it counter affect the nose up attitude of the boat when at full tilt upwards ?

Hallett19
    I know one of you geniouses knows.....

kachina_labala
    I use the tabs to keep the nose down when the roost is up. You already own them so why not have another way to adjust the attitude of your boat? Another thing that I like to do is set the diverter strieght and the tabs down for takeoff . As soon as I nail it i start the tabs going up. I get a quick takeoff this way. And one other benifit is that you can use the tabs to level a unevenly loaded boat.

Nucking futs
    What tabs do you have?hyd. or turn buckle?Or even the ridged mounted?
    I have them on my 20' cruiser and use them for everything.I mainly use them in the real choppy water to help the boat settle down.I have mine tied together as one so they raise and lower at the same time.PM me and i will tell you all about them.I wont discuss this in an open forum anymore due to people with the know it all attitudes.I know they work well for "my" needs and thats why i have them.
    Tim

moneysucker
    Awwww, come on Futs. Know it alls? Where? Not here on Hot Boat. There is always someone to jump on what ever you say, mostly when they read the post wrong.
    Cy

Nucking futs
    Awwww, come on Futs. Know it alls? Where? Not here on Hot Boat. There is always someone to jump on what ever you say, mostly when they read the post wrong.
    Cy
    :wink:

Hallett19
    I have the foldable manual ones. I took them off for my maiden voyage w/ the new diverter. I dont think the added stress of keeping the nose up with trim tabs to keep it flat will help any.... I'm just going to keep them off unless someone can give me good enough reason to leave them on.

SB
    Compare the ride on a choppy day. If no difference, chuck 'em. You are right that it doesn't make sense to have them hold down the bow, while the diverter struggles to hold it up. They should be installed to let the bow come up enough so they don't do this.

PLACECRAFT20
    I HAVE THEM ON MY PLACECRAFT TO ELIMINATE HI SPEED PORPOISE. THEY WORK GREAT. YOU JUST AJUST THE TURN BUCKLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF LIFT AND THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...21/252tabs.JPG

Hallett19
    I dont have a porposing problem, but the diverter makes it real easy to get on plane and that is why they were on there because the boat likes to plow unless I am really on it out of the hole.