Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New sony remote install

4day!!
    i know alot of people have been posting lately about the sony remote and install. I just did mine last week. Here it is step by step. I have a sony 7715 HU, xm, ipod interface(connects2), sony xa-c30 and the new remote.
    Taped off area
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rt_800x600.jpg
    Measured and circled out placement (3 1/4" hole, 3 7/8" total diameter of face of remote.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...t1_800x600.jpg
    Cut hole w/hole saw and sealed edge of hole
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ut_800x600.jpg
    Finished install
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...te_800x600.jpg
    Took me about an hour and ahalf, and 4 bottles of courage to get the nerve to cut the whole. after that it was about 15 minutes of install. Very simple and the thing is bitchin'. Full text display from ipod, xm or mp3 CD's.

Jyruiz
    Congrats, the remote looks good there and how are you liking the Connect2?

Outnumbered
    So that remote plugs into the XA-C30, not the remote jack right?

4day!!
    So that remote plugs into the XA-C30, not the remote jack right?
    Correct, the only part of the remote that plugs into the HU is a mini plug. I have the remote, connects2, and xm all running into the xa-c30. The remote is constantly recognized no matter what source your HU is turned to.

Outnumbered
    Correct, the only part of the remote that plugs into the HU is a mini plug. I have the remote, connects2, and xm all running into the xa-c30. The remote is constantly recognized no matter what source your HU is turned to.
    OK, thanks. So the round remote has a mini-jack and a uni-link cable. I see.

4day!!
    Congrats, the remote looks good there and how are you liking the Connect2?
    I like it. The only thing that bugs me is that you cannot control the ipod from the ipod itself. Sometimes i like to listen to a certain genre and you cant get to it from the HU. You have to unplug the ipod select the genre and plug it back in. You can however select, artist, playlist, all songs or album from the HU. Just make sure to read the instructuons. It is based off shuffle(all, disc, off) will determine what you are selecting. I heard the PAC has more options and is only about $20 more. If i had to do it over again , i probably would have gotten the PAC. But this works fine and im happy with it.

4day!!
    OK, thanks. So the round remote has a mini-jack and a uni-link cable. I see.
    yes, about 16' of each. I have heard that the unilink cable is not necassary, but you will lose some functions..??????

djunkie
    Looks great. I still to to install mine but I'm having a real hard time getting myself to drill a 3" hole in my boat.

4day!!
    Looks great. I still to to install mine but I'm having a real hard time getting myself to drill a 3" hole in my boat.
    My advice to you, start drinking heavily.....

Jyruiz
    I like it. The only thing that bugs me is that you cannot control the ipod from the ipod itself. Sometimes i like to listen to a certain genre and you cant get to it from the HU. You have to unplug the ipod select the genre and plug it back in. You can however select, artist, playlist, all songs or album from the HU. Just make sure to read the instructuons. It is based off shuffle(all, disc, off) will determine what you are selecting. I heard the PAC has more options and is only about $20 more. If i had to do it over again , i probably would have gotten the PAC. But this works fine and im happy with it.
    Make a playlist for each genre and your problem is solved. I did this to control my iPod with a remote that does not allow me to change genres, only playlist.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast