Thread: ? for Rexone

dyam
    Hi Mike.
    I have a 502, 250 B & M blower jet boat.
    My exhaust tips exit below the swim step so I really don't have an issue with noise at idle (I have the Rex slip-in 161-100s).
    I have to replace my exhaust tips and wondered if the Power Silencers would be that much quieter at idle and cruising along under part throttle compared to the tips with the slip-ins. How much quieter will my boat be running at 3,000rpm with the new Rex Power Silencers?
    LMK
    Thanks.
    dyam

Hi Mike.
    I have a 502, 250 B & M blower jet boat.
    My exhaust tips exit below the swim step so I really don't have an issue with noise at idle (I have the Rex slip-in 161-100s).
    I have to replace my exhaust tips and wondered if the Power Silencers would be that much quieter at idle and cruising along under part throttle compared to the tips with the slip-ins. How much quieter will my boat be running at 3,000rpm with the new Rex Power Silencers?
    LMK
    Thanks.
    dyam
    The PowerSilencers might be slightly quietier but I think it would be minimal. If the inserts are working for you power-wise I'd stay with them and save some $. If they're costing you rpm because of their smaller size that would be a different story.

dyam
    Thanks for the info Mike.
    Sounds like I'm gonna go with the tips.
    I want to have the ablility to install clamp-on mufflers down the road without having to change the tips again, so the angle tips are out right? Which of the straight tips should I go with? Is the SST 171 better because it has more surface to clamp onto?
    Thanks again.
    dyam

Thanks for the info Mike.
    Sounds like I'm gonna go with the tips.
    I want to have the ablility to install clamp-on mufflers down the road without having to change the tips again, so the angle tips are out right? Which of the straight tips should I go with? Is the SST 171 better because it has more surface to clamp onto?
    Thanks again.
    dyam
    Yes the angles won't allow clamp-ons. You could go with the 171's or the 175's. The 175's have a full couple inches to clamp to down the road. :smile:

dyam
    Thanks Mike.