Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for FoMoCo

FoMoCo
    I learned how to paont but asking a lot of questions, and watching a lot of people!
    Paint used: this is a rough est. because I forgot my exact amount,
    2 gallons total primer
    1.50 gallons of Imeron
    .75 gallons of clear only on top!
    Sorry for the late reply, I started a new job, kinda out of wack latley!

RiverDave2
    Fomoco, what's those crazy looking guages in the background of the pictures? It almost looks like two Huge voltmeters with some round readings above them..
    RD

one4me2
    Great job FoMoCo.
    Guys, be carefull with strippers containing methylene chloride or other nasty solvents. They will not only eat your gelcoat but also compromise the strength of the polyester/vinylester resin that holds your ride together. I had excellent results with Peel-Away stripper sold at West Marine. It is orange and smells like - well oranges.
    After application you cover it with polyethylene tarp, wait up to one day and "peel away" the whole mess. Wash the rest off with water. Does a great job. I submerged a piece of fiberglass with gelcoat in it for 3 days. No attack of the gelcoat or measurable weakening of the fiberglass. I use aircraft stripper only on aluminum after messing up some expensive fiberglass fairings on my seaplane. And BTW: DuPont Imron rules for high UV and high humidity applications. Just wear a fresh air hood. The stuff contains isocyanite which does not only sound nasty but really is bad news for your health. Happy spraying out there.
    [This message has been edited by one4me2 (edited November 01, 2001).]

Originally posted by RiverDave2:
    Fomoco, what's those crazy looking guages in the background of the pictures? It almost looks like two Huge voltmeters with some round readings above them..
    RD
    Hey RD, I recognize that! It's an older model Sun oscilloscope/engine analyzer. Looks just like the one I use at work.

Kwicherbichen
    FoMoCo & one4me2,
    Thanks for the info. I really want to do this thing during the off season. Hopefuly I can put the time, cash, and effort into it.
    Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12