Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: rayson craft 26' cat

gmocnik
    looking for some info....
    any info/experience regarding a 26 cat made by rayson craft would be appreciated..i am looking at one that is "brand new", on a trailer, with interior, etc., less motor and drive for $25k...seems like an o.k. price range to start a project....
    what would a 25 elim, 24 htm, etc., run new less motor and drive???
    any thoughts appreciated...
    gary

HTM Racing
    Hi
    Give Steve a call at HTM and he will give you a price. 661-268-1309

Tom Slick
    I have heard that the Rayson craft 26ft cat is actually a splash of a splash, which originated from a Tallon. Only a rumor though. A friend of mine has one, but doesn't get to use it much because something is always wrong with it, if that helps you any.
    HTM's are solid hulls that are fast and handle great. Good luck!!

gimprvr
    Tom Slick, Something is always wrong with it? The Hull, rigging or the motor? Do you know which model he has? I've heard great things about the Hulls

my buddie has his american offshore at rayson craft for a while and lets just say there was anything that needed to be worked on if you know what i mean!

SVO 540
    Originally posted by gmocnik:
    any info/experience regarding a 26 cat made by rayson craft would be appreciated..i am looking at one that is "brand new", on a trailer, with interior, etc., less motor and drive for $25k...seems like an o.k. price range to start a project....
    gary
    I looked at the Rayson Craft and Eliminator before I bought my DCB. I was quoted prices of 20K for the 26 Rayson Craft and 25K for the 25 Daytona. This was for hull, tanks and interior. So if you add in the trailer, you are right at about 25K. Rayson Craft should be very hungry for business. You should be able to grind them down below 25K. Remember, you get what you pay for.

HTM Racing
    SPLASH CATS
    The only manufactures that I know did not splash their cats HTM / Carrera / Eliminator / Tallon and a handfull of a few others. If it looks like another boat it most likely is. Take a look at the bottom, is it the same as the Tallon or? Call, did they commission their bottom to someone else? I bet not. Bottom line it's sad but if they are building a good boat I guess buy it, to be safe get a big list of customers from the company and see what they have to say ..

Catatonic
    HTM Racing brings up a valid point. Referrals, referrals, referrals! Get referrals before you buy. Any manufacturer should be more than willing to provide you with a list of customers to provide objective opinions.

xx29wing
    Originally posted by gmocnik:
    gary
    I own a 26 Rayson Craft, it is one of the finest built hulls i have seen. But dealing with Johnny at Rayson is absolute bullshit. I cant believe he stays in business. I do know last year he was selling bare hull with gas tanks no trailer for 18K 25 for a rigged hull with a triple axel trailer would be a good $

rivercrazy
    We saw one run at Castaic over the weekend. It looked nice from a distance. However the owner said he had MAJOR problems with the manufacturer in the areas of service, timely completion of the boat, and some other major crap. This is all just hearsay but the owner of the boat appeared to be an upstanding dude.
    Good luck with your decision

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast