Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese threats

Seadog
    While it has not garnered much attention, not only has China passed legislation threatening Taiwan, but they have also threatened Australia that it will take economic and worse actions against them if they support the US position on Taiwan. A lot of people do not realize how much of a economic threat that China poses. About 20% of Australia's economy is dependent on China. China has controlling interest in several sole source resources in Canada and other nations. They are making ovations to Venezuela to be sole receiver of oil from them.
    If China attacks Taiwan, we may not have the manpower left to intercede. They may have enough economic muscle to cause us to suffer the most in a trade war. And if we let anything happen to Taiwan, how are we going to stop the threats agains South Korea and Japan? They could enforce an economic boycott that could devastate us.

Freak
    Good ole China. You know they still call us enemy #1 even though we buy all their crap. I doubt the US will be able to do much other than bellow if China truly decides to go after Taiwan. With that being said I don’t think right now it is more then saber rattling. I think China's army is still weak for one reason. They still can't make their own weapons. For now. Your right they could shut us down economically.
    What really bothers me is the BRIC alliance. Brazil-Russia-India-China. Over the next 50 years, — the BRICs economies — could become a much larger force in the world economy... If things go right, in less than 40 years, the BRICs economies together could be larger than the G6 in US dollar terms. Why would they need the U.S.

Steve 1
    Communist Chinese are taking over the Panama Canal both ends;Thank Carter and Clinton.

canuck1
    [QUOTE=Seadog]China has controlling interest in several sole source resources in Canada and other nations.
    Clarify this one for me please

wsuwrhr
    If I have said it once, I have said it a million times.
    We are ALL fuking idiots to allow a COMMUNIST country to have such a large trade deficit with us.
    This will bite us in the ass.
    Brian

Blown 472
    If I have said it once, I have said it a million times.
    We are ALL fuking idiots to allow a COMMUNIST country to have such a large trade deficit with us.
    This will bite us in the ass.
    Brian
    Considering that china has said that they want to crush us via our economy.

DEL51
    We Are screwed! I try to buy american stuff at the hardware store. Nothing is labeled "made in america" anymore.Not Proudly, if you read the print.We can't make our own shoes.If we sell coffee too hot or other stuff that can burn or harm us, we will ream the little guy that tries to be an idealist.Start a new busines, someone can sue over limited access.True Story: Local lady, "Miss Wheel Chair of America" Sues several business' over lack of entry and facility support.I saw her pic in the Paper before all this shit, She looked real nice. Out of the Blue she sues owners of certain establishments for the above mentioned incedentents. The"Lady" was never seen in those places.She must have had a hungry law boy scew her line of thinking.This made the local news and alot of"No Comments" were thrown around. BLOWN472 May recall some of this. China and Russia have teamed up for Naval exercises along the Taiwan strait.I cannot think Russia is anywhere near Germany was after the war. Cold war Vs WW2. Russian Gov't Officials are perpetual Liars and supplied Saddam with support during his battle with our Coalition.Are the Russians and Chinese our enemy? How about Loral Space corp,During clinton;s admin the chinks are targeting us with extreme acurracy due to the gifts from Loral corporation.We first must look at ourselves before blaming the other rotten jerks.More lawyers In Cali than all of europe? What the ****!

spectras only
    [QUOTE=Seadog]China has controlling interest in several sole source resources in Canada and other nations.
    Clarify this one for me please
    Canuck 1, just wondering if you heard about our dual citizen friend [who happened to buy expo land for a meger 20 million,prolly worth billions now]
    "in 2000 after its takeover of Calgary-based Renaissance Energy, remains controlled by the family of Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-shing".
    Throughout the past several years, Husky has often been mentioned in takeover rumours involving some of the world's largest energy companies, including French giant Total and China's largest state-owned oilpatch player, PetroChina.

Freak
    And shut us down economically by dollar dumping is what I think they are threatening to do to get us to renounce the separate status of Taiwan from mainland China. I'm interested to see which way Bush goes on this. If he does not renounce and they dump the dollar they will suffer also. I don’t think the people in power are much concerned by this except that since Chinese are finally getting a taste of the good life and they will have a internal war of civil unrest.
    My guess is U.S. will support reunification.

Seadog
    Start with this:
    BEIJING -- China's Communist rulers have a blunt message for anyone who frets about the planned Chinese takeover of Canada's biggest mining company: Get ready for more to come.
    In an exclusive interview with The Globe and Mail in Beijing this week, Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing made it plain that the controversial $7-billion takeover of Noranda Inc. is just a small element in a much more ambitious strategy of investment in Canada's resources sector to feed China's voracious appetite for raw materials.
    Also Fox news did an article a few months ago about all of the resources that are now under Chinese control, through both state owned and state controlled companies. If you do a search, you will find several stories on the net. Naturally, it is hard to tell the fact from fiction in many cases. But if you look, the kernal of truth will repeat itself. It is not anything new, it is just that no one knows how to deal with it and the public is not interested in this type of sneak attack. Yet.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast