Thread: good or bad deal ?

Raskal
    still lookinf for a boat and came acros this one what do you guys think ?http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/9/78646229.htm

Jake W2
    That Spectra is really 19 feet.I all most bought one of thoes for my first jet for 3000 bucks.But the guy could not get it to run rite because it had bad gas,I should have bought it any ways because I bought a 76 Sidewinder for 4600 and wished I hadent.The guy that had the Spectra was the second owner and said his son had bought a nice Crownline a few years befor and would not let the dog in it so they took the dog out in the Spectra.They should have got rid of the Queenline and kept the real boat.They are good boats.How much do you like it?
    Jake

Raskal
    i really like the lines and the gel looks good .but the motor ?

flat broke
    the Spectra 19 is a good hull, that particular one is not a full stringer boat, so keep the HP and abuse reasonable. From what I have heard, that particluar boat is painted not gelled. It's that time of year where you'll need to keep your eyes open as stuff has been popping up all over the place the past few weeks.
    Figure out what kind of boat you want, then wait for the right one and buy it. Just going out and buying "any old boat that fits the price range" usually ends up with you selling for less than you have into it sooner than you thought you would.
    Chris

QuickJet
    Besides the fact that it's Ford powered, I would never buy a boat where the condition of the motor is "unknown" and it needs upolstery. Especially for 5 grand.
    Flat broke is right, figure out what you want then go get it.