Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Sure you fill out the Warranty Card...

mbrown2
    Short Story...I purchased an 04 Malibu used last year around 4th of July....boat ran great, and it slipped my mind to do a compression test and to send in the warranty transfer card and $200 to Indmar within 60 days of purchase....It is a 383 Hammerhead motor making 385Hp off the 6.2 block with the Stroker kit...Comp is 9.7 to 1
    Ask Tyson Ross to drop off at Eddie Marine in Parker for a Service....Eddie (who has been great btw) does compression check and finds cyl's 1 and 8 low...Valves are tuliping...
    Indmar will not cover under warranty, so I have to....oh well, got to luv boats...
    Just remember to send in the warranty card....$200 could have saved $1300 to $1500...
    Good thing we have a backup boat...a couple weeks down sux. :boxed:

Jordy
    Man that sucks.

HCS
    That does suck! How many hours are on it?
    I always thought those were pretty much bullet proof.

dicudmore
    that definitely sucks :cry:

racecar.hotshoe
    I could say a few things about that eng company but I wont...... :yuk:

mbrown2
    That does suck! How many hours are on it?
    I always thought those were pretty much bullet proof.
    100Hrs...They normally are bullet proof....but the Hammer Head would be somewhere along the lines of a Merc Blue Scorpion Motor....tweaked for max hp...and when you run these things in boat and load a 1000+ pounds of ballast and 10 people and try and pull a boarder or surfer it is really pushing the motor the same way as a hi-po boat would push the limits of a hi-po motor...

Jrocket
    Mike,not to sound negative but the one time that I went to Eddie for some work I thought he was a crook.I'll fill you in one day at the river about it but a second look at your boat would be worth it.My opinion only though.
    Thats BS about the warranty card deal.They should see the date of manufacture and help you out!

WaTchTheGelCoat
    That's to bad, your backup boat really sux! lol

HCS
    Mike,not to sound negative but the one time that I went to Eddie for some work I thought he was a crook.I'll fill you in one day at the river about it but a second look at your boat would be worth it.My opinion only though.
    Thats BS about the warranty card deal.They should see the date of manufacture and help you out!
    The card thing does sound like a cop out. You'd think the motor is either covered or it isn't.
    I'd think they'd go buy the factory warranty, card or not.
    That figures though. Anything to get out of a repair.

HCS
    Another thing. Tell them you sent the stinking card in and they must have lost it.
    Ask them if their bimbo receptionist is blond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast