Thread: Computer Fax?

Outnumbered
    I have been using the built-in computer fax that was in my old machine until I got this new Compaq last month. It has the same fax modem set-up as the old one but it will not answer half the time. I have re-configured it and it is set-up correctly as far as I can tell. Anyone have any ideas or can anyone suggest a better program to use for e-faxing? I have gotton so used to using it that I can't go back to the old-school fax machine.
    Thanks

C-2
    I have been using the built-in computer fax that was in my old machine until I got this new Compaq last month. It has the same fax modem set-up as the old one but it will not answer half the time. I have re-configured it and it is set-up correctly as far as I can tell. Anyone have any ideas or can anyone suggest a better program to use for e-faxing? I have gotton so used to using it that I can't go back to the old-school fax machine.
    Thanks
    i have a Compaq desktop (2.5 years old) and have never ben able to get the fax to work with WinFax Pro. No matter what I try - the damn thing doesn't work and I gave up. It works with the standrad XP fax wizard - but that lame program doesn't allow broadcast faxing, logging fax details etc.
    If you are looking for incoming capability only - try Ureach.com. You get an 800 number and unlimited faxes - you can save them as tiff images, convert them to WORD (if you have a full version of Acrobat), do whatever to them. All for like $10 a month. There are many, many cool features of Ureach I won't get into here, PM if you want details.

Outnumbered
    i have a Compaq desktop (2.5 years old) and have never ben able to get the fax to work with WinFax Pro. No matter what I try - the damn thing doesn't work and I gave up. It works with the standrad XP fax wizard - but that lame program doesn't allow broadcast faxing, logging fax details etc.
    If you are looking for incoming capability only - try Ureach.com. You get an 800 number and unlimited faxes - you can save them as tiff images, convert them to WORD (if you have a full version of Acrobat), do whatever to them. All for like $10 a month. There are many, many cool features of Ureach I won't get into here, PM if you want details.
    I was thinking of something like that service but was trying to keep my fax numbers the same. Will they allow you to use your existing fax#?
    Thanks

C-2
    I was thinking of something like that service but was trying to keep my fax numbers the same. Will they allow you to use your existing fax#?
    Thanks
    Have them forwarded to the Ureach number - since it's toll free, you won't incur any additional charges.
    If you are using this in a business environment, Ureach kicks ass. Toll free, email notification, call notification, IM notifcation, call forwarding, lines will chase you up to five numbers, can access your info from the field - makes life very easy. Also some sneaky ass stuff you can do with it.
    Efax sucks, will nickle and dime you to death.