Thread: Hey! Where's my Hummer??????????

Rod-64
    HOUSTON (AP) -- It took All-Star pitcher Roger Clemens 20 years to rack up 300 wins -- a feat for which his team rewarded him with a brand-new orange Hummer.
    On Wednesday, police say, it took thieves just a few minutes to make off with the hulking vehicle after Clemens' son drove it to school and left it unlocked.
    School district police issued a statewide all-points bulletin statewide asking people to keep an eye out for the Hummer, which was stolen from Memorial High School at about 8:30 a.m.
    "I talked with Roger about it a little," said Chuck Brawner, chief of the Spring Branch Independent School District police. "That Hummer was given to him by the New York Yankees for his 300th win."
    Brawner said Clemens, who was at spring training with the Houston Astros in Florida, is offering a $10,000 reward for the vehicle's safe return and information about who took it. The Hummer contained all of Koby Clemens' baseball equipment for the high school team.
    Roger Clemens couldn't immediately be reached for comment by The Associated Press on Wednesday.
    He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school.
    Hummers can range from $50,000 to more than $100,000.
    "These athletes, they make the money, don't they?" Brawner said.

mirvin
    "Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school."
    Priceless......
    mirvin

Jordy
    "Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school."
    Priceless......
    mirvin
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

mirvin
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.
    I laughed outloud when I read that. I was actually feeling a bit of sympathy towards the Clements up to that point.

JB in so cal
    He cherished it so much he let his kid take it to high school. :idea:

PowellScooter
    BOO FRICKITY HOO. It was a give to the kid to drive to high school car till it was stolen, now it was a special sentimental item, You know that it wasnt the kids cause hes not smart enough to own it let alone lock it, and did the kids bypass the sophisticated anti theft stuff, or were the keys in it ? Oh yeah why offer 10 g`s when you can find it by the On-Star ???BOO FRICKITY HOO

voodoomedman
    BOO FRICKITY HOO. It was a give to the kid to drive to high school car till it was stolen, now it was a special sentimental item, You know that it wasnt the kids cause hes not smart enough to own it let alone lock it, and did the kids bypass the sophisticated anti theft stuff, or were the keys in it ? Oh yeah why offer 10 g`s when you can find it by the On-Star ???BOO FRICKITY HOO
    I half agree. Thiefs are scumbags. What if you posted that your stuff got stolen and you were pissed and then I said well you must make good money to have a nice vehicle and boat and ... Just pay your deductible and get your new one. Those dirtbags still need to be found and shot.