Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: vulgar language

punthouse
    I used to like to read this forum with my two teen children and learn more about our jet boat. I don't need to teach them anymore vulgar lanuage. It has gotton out of hand. Signing out forever.

RiverDave
    If the children are in there "teens" I'm sure there not going to read anything on here that they don't already know..
    I agree with you though that the use of foul language isn't really necesarry on a message board of this nature.. Unless of course your flaming someone in which case your kids wouldn't be learning anything anyways so you as a family wouldn't be reading it.
    So do you run across **** often in threads about outdrives & jets etc??
    I'm glad that you stepped up and voiced your concerns to help make this a better website, but do you really think that you should leave over the matter? Stick around and voice your concerns, who knows perhaps you can get somethings changed..
    RD

sandblasted
    I would think that if you are going to go on a website that posts pictures of bikini babes and celebrates places like the sandbar and the havasu channel, you should expect a certain amount of raw language.
    I have no problem with cuss words. If people want to make a point by throwing around a few swear words so what!
    This is not the Billy Graham website!

StealBlueZ
    CEEEEEYa....!
    Originally posted by punthouse:
    I used to like to read this forum with my two teen children and learn more about our jet boat. I don't need to teach them anymore vulgar lanuage. It has gotton out of hand. Signing out forever.

punthouse
    Originally posted by StealBlueZ:
    CEEEEEYa....!
    I have always found that the amount of profranity one uses in life is inversely proportional to their I.Q.

Bense468
    Thats good.

Doug The Jeweler
    Originally posted by RiverDave:
    If the children are in there "teens" I'm sure there not going to read anything on here that they don't already know..
    I agree with you though that the use of foul language isn't really necesarry on a message board of this nature.. Unless of course your flaming someone in which case your kids wouldn't be learning anything anyways so you as a family wouldn't be reading it.
    So do you run across **** often in threads about outdrives & jets etc??
    I'm glad that you stepped up and voiced your concerns to help make this a better website, but do you really think that you should leave over the matter? Stick around and voice your concerns, who knows perhaps you can get somethings changed..
    RD
    Right,Speak and you will be slaughtered.Trust me!

Costello
    I have always found that the amount of profranity one uses in life is inversely proportional to their I.Q.
    Actually, I'd tend to agree with you. It seems people of a lower intellect can't find anything else to say but F this, F that, and Fing-A Dude etc. A few words here and there on forum sites don't bother me personally, but I have noticed also that it is on the rise here recently. No need to leave over it though, simply use it as a teaching moment for the teens to demonstrate how foolish it sounds. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

JEThro
    I.Q.??? What in the F*#K is that? If your so smart,spell it. Don't abbr. it. Would this be too vulgar for this board..."FuQ2"

sandblasted
    Hey, I thought you were leaving..
    I'm not sure what your point is but I do know "profanity" is not spelled with 2 r's..!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast