Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hours?

Scarlett Fever
    What's up y'all? I'm shopping for my second boat and looking mostly at the used market but having a hard time determining how many hours on an engine is too much. I found a 99 Dayona that I really like but it has 177 hours on it and that seems like a lot...Does anyone have any thoughts?

ratso
    177 is low dude...

Jbb
    Low ....with the correct upkeep...should not be a problem

racecar.hotshoe
    What's up y'all? I'm shopping for my second boat and lookingmostly at the used market but having a hard time determining how many hours on an engine is too much. I found a 99 Dayona that I really like but it has 177 hours on it and that seems like a lot...Does anyone have any thoughts?
    I hope its not the one in Highland.If so that boats hammered! :hammer2:

BarryMac
    That is pretty low for a 99, my '01 has that many...

Scarlett Fever
    No its not the one in Highland, its a friend of a friends boat that I'm going to look at this weekend. It has a 502 and he's asking $49k for it.

rvrhlic
    Be sure you go by what is on the ECM, not what the hour meter says, those hours meters can be way off. When i boat an Ultra a few years back, the hour meter said 40 but the ECM was actually over 100 hours.

Scarlett Fever
    I know this is a dumb question but what does ECM stand for and I'm assuming thats on the engine somewhere?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I think we have close to that many hours on our 2003. :squiggle:

rvrhlic
    I know this is a dumb question but what does ECM stand for and I'm assuming thats on the engine somewhere?
    I Electronic COntrol Module, it is the computer that controls the engine. It will have the exact hours the boat has been run. In order to read it you will have to take the ECM to a shop that has the equipment to read it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast