Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Best all around small jet boat

SoCalPower
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 1quickjet:
    [B]Hi Dave. You might remember me as well, although I was just a little dude last time you saw me, but I am sure you remember my family. Jeff Rounds
    I remember you and your family very well and yes, you were a very little dude then. Send my regards.

SoCalPower
    Originally posted by Havasu_Jet_85:
    About 3 weeks ago there was a 1985, 23' California Performance in the boat trader for $3,500
    I can't believe someone went through the trouble of streeeeeeeetching a Performance. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif Unless, BS worked a deal and allowed someone to use his CG numbers on a one-off???

LOWRIVER2
    I do know that there was a California manufacturing co. that made 18ft. tri hull runabouts in the 70's and, when Scotten bought the name, those tri hulls were then technically CP's! My buddy still has one with a little 302 ford and I/O. Scotten has told him he would do repair work on it if he wanted. It is definately the slowest "CP" around.

hwyman
    I'm very happy with mine. It's a 19' gullwing openbow with the manufactured name of Predator. Lowriver is right in respect to being just about the best all around small jet boat for the amount of money spent.
    As far as a claim of these boats being unsafe, my experience is quite the opposite. I was driving mine back in '96 at about 60 mph when the fuel pump quit.
    The boat stayed straight as an arrow and just settled in the water. Heck, i did'nt even take water over the transom and it did'nt have a splash guard.
    I run pump gas in mine and 2 years ago it ran 84.6 mph on gps. Now i just rebuilt the pump and it responds alot better. Time to do a little set up and see where she will run now. All in all, for the price you can't beat a gullwing for speed and safety with alot more room than most other boats http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567