Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever been to Tahiti????

MudPumper
    Where did you stay, how did you like it? I'm going in a couple of months and want to hear your thoughts. :shift:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Where did you stay, how did you like it? I'm going in a couple of months and want to hear your thoughts. :shift:
    I think MidlifeAdvantage went with his current ex-wife......
    ....or was that Tehachapi......
    Hehe!
    CJG

Ziggy
    Fiji is as close as I've been...and I'd go again in half a heartbeat. From what I've been told its very similar except Tahiti is more commercialized/touristy and on our side of the International Dateline
    If you're going, enjoy the hell out of it...and watch out for cannibals :rollside:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    I was in Paphiti and Bora Bora for two weeks. It wasn't cheap. Bora Bora is pretty small and you don't have much reason to leave your resort. We stayed in the cabanas on stilts over water. Very killer!!! In Paphiti, 4 burgers, 4 fires, and 4 cokes was $82.00.
    it is absolutley beautiful there. good choice! Take lots of pics and post when you get back please!

cdog
    We went there for our honeymoon. It's unbelievable! Truely paradise. Try not to stay in tahiti. Stay on Moorea and bora bora. The main island tahiti is nice but does'nt compare to the other two. The people are really friendly and the food OK. But I guess that depends on where you stay. We stayed at the beachcomber. We are planning a trip within the next year or two, before we have kids. This time we want to dive. We just got certified in fiji back in october. The beaches are the best in the world. Pack a suitcase full of food because their food is really expensive and they poke the tourist in the ass with the prices on just about everything, but it's definitly worth it.

Ziggy
    I was in Paphiti and Bora Bora for two weeks. It wasn't cheap. Bora Bora is pretty small and you don't have much reason to leave your resort. We stayed in the cabanas on stilts over water. Very killer!!! In Paphiti, 4 burgers, 4 fires, and 4 cokes was $82.00.
    it is absolutley beautiful there. good choice! Take lots of pics and post when you get back please!
    In that regard Fiji rocked---everything there seemed to cost about 1/2 of what it cost here at home. $50 bucks would feed and entertain both of us all day long...like Kings and Queens.

NashvilleBound
    In Tahiti you can stay ay the Hyatt. Great Sunday shopping at the locals swap meet style mall. Do not miss going to the diner on top of the hill for a sunset dinner.....the jeep ride is worth every penny If you want privacy go to Bora Bora...Boring Boring if your looking for excitement. We had a bungalo Over the water....besides being next to a couple of gay guys from France it was great. Fukking queers... Morea (sp) is where all the action is. I think there was even one of the Club something or other there too. On Bora Bora you can snorkle with the sharks...I did it and it was something I look back on and would NEVER do again...but you should try it Dont forget to get certified for diving even if you only go 10-15 feet down...its really a neccesity...and an underwater camera.
    Enjoy.

nodigg
    Went a couple of years back. One of the all time best vacations for all of us. Moorea on a hut over the bay! French cuisine every meal, served with out the French attitude. Topless beaches, great water, snorkeling right off the patio, one French t.v. station, great place to undwind for sure.....ahhhh! Ready for Bora Bora soon. Some say Boring, Boring so it sounds good to me. Didn't care much for the main island or Papaetee (sp?) Too city like.

cdog
    In that regard Fiji rocked---everything there seemed to cost about 1/2 of what it cost here at home. $50 bucks would feed and entertain both of us all day long...like Kings and Queens.
    Yep. The exchange rate was killer. Fiji was nice but more crowded than moorea. If your really into the getting away from it all aspect then I think moorea and bora bora is the place to go. Tahiti is a french poly. island so they use tahiti dollars based on the euro currency. Our exchange rate their sucks right now. I sure could go for a cold hinano right about now. (Tahiti Beer). Did you try the fiji bitters?

Boatcop
    Been to both places, courtesy of Uncle Sam's Confused Group.
    But that was almost 30 years ago, and most of it is now (and was then ) just a blur. :messedup:
    The one thing I DO remember about Fiji was going with some native dude down this river, through the jungle to this awsome point break outside of Suva. 4-6 foot perfect waves. No body around. Eating coconuts and breadfruit. (since we didn't bring any food)
    Learned how to climb a coconut tree, and use a machete to open it up, and poke a reed through the shell to drink the juice. Absolutely loved the place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast