Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The last Freeboard Challenged

If you've wanted to attend a Freeboard Challenged event, you'll have to make it in May, because this will be the last one. The IRS and my accoutant are not pleased that putting these on have put Roostwear in the red, so something's gotta go. :jawdrop: Trying to keep FC from becoming commercial has helped make it what it is, and also hasten it's demise. I've wrestled with trying to get sponsors to help offset costs and help out logistically, while keeping it a get together and not an obvious marketing ploy. The interest from other manufacturers further reinforces my decision.
    Make your reservations now, 'cuz (literally) you don't want to wait too long!
    :hammer2:

flat broke
    Anything we could do to help out? Forget costs, just make it like the Needles trip the V'drive guys do, or like Run What Ya Brung. Just post a date for a weekend and have everyone show up!
    We were really looking forward to the 2nd FC this year because I can't make the first one. Hopefully there will be another get together at Big River later in the summer.
    Chris

Anything we could do to help out? Forget costs, just make it like the Needles trip the V'drive guys do, or like Run What Ya Brung. Just post a date for a weekend and have everyone show up!
    Hopefully there will be another get together at Big River later in the summer.
    Chris
    I'd second that. Typically I only make a couple trips to the river each year (of course CBBB is one of those trips). I'm sincerely hoping to make it a more regular place to go boating this summer.
    No offense intended Mike (really!), but is the money that you're laying out personally (or as a business) really necessary to the event?

To have it at Big River, it is. I could do it at the place in BHC, but then there's more traffic on the water, and you REALLY can't run zoomies up there. I have wanted to have a get together at Lazy Harry's.........

$o Big River actually ding$ ya for the u$e of the place? Is that where our discounted ramp fees are coming from? How's about if the costs are split up between the group.............or is that getting too complicated? Or maybe they (BR) won't even let it go down that way?
    Where is Lazy Harry's?
    Am I asking too many questions?
    Also...........didn't mean to take your involvement lightly Mike. Myself.......like many others I'm sure, don't realize all that goes on behind the scenes and what it takes to put something like this together.

Nucking futs
    I agree with Chris on this.Just call it a freeboard challenged event and let everyone make there own reservations and such.Big river is not the only launch ramp out there and it is real nice to keep everyone in the same area, but you only have a 5 min. drive to get a room in Parker.I really enjoy hanging out at these events and meeting alot of great people.Can't you just call it a freeboard BBQ? Post a date and let everyone decide on where they want to stay? It wont be that hard to find the large group of boats zooming up river.If there is anything i can do let me know.
    Tim

flat broke
    Yup, Just like RWYB. Just post up the weekend, the phone number to Big River (since that's where a lot of us will have trailers anyhow), and tell us where the BBQ will be on the beach. Everyone BYOBs and it is just like any other weekend on the river with the exception that everyone knows everyone else is showing up. If you're going to keep the roostwear board up, you're already covering the costs for the webspace, so you might as well put it to use spamming the weekend bbq!
    Chris

No, Big River doesn't ding me at all. They are MORE than accomodating, and have been great about discounted rates for attendees. There are other costs associated with putting it on that people don't see.
    Lazy Harry's is up in Bullhead.

Nucking futs
    There are other costs associated with putting it on that people don't see.
    Well nobody said you had to make shirts for this thing.Im lost on what it is that is dinging you? Can you enlighten me?In a pm if you prefer...
    Tim

moneysucker
    I have no problem with reservation fees either. No one should be pulling from their own wallet for an event like this where it is for others to have fun at and not stand to make anything. I would pay for entry fees Like inn poker runs, or what ever else has to be done to cover the expenses and time to host an event such as this. I know there are a lot of people on budgets and extra $ is hard to find but there aren't many places that you can go for free, it is a fact of life.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast