Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor help please!!!!

harleypauls
    I have a check engine light on on my 1999 Expedition. When I read the code for it, it says "system too lean, bank one, system too lean, bank two."
    It is a 5.4L with k/n air intake.
    I have replaced the spark plugs and the fuel filter.
    Anyone have any other ideas.
    Thanks, Paul <sitting here scratching my head>

HCS
    Most likely an O2 sensor.

Not So Fast
    My Tundra reacted badly to a Rod Millen intake system (although it ran much faster) and made my Check Engine light go off, code said same type of thing. I also noticed pinging especially in Havasu (hadn't moved here yet) with the heat. I could get rid of it by running premium fuel but screw that. After talking with a lot of people about this the consenus was the motor was getting too much air and making it lean,?? Took off the intake and WAH-LAA no more trouble, so maybe this will help you :idea: NSF

Perfect Mixer
    It's not going to be an O2 because it's related to both banks. You could have a clogged fuel filter, or even an air mass meter problem. Not a Ford tech, but that is a generel evaluation.
    Sorry didn't read that you replaced the fuel filter.

HCS
    It's not going to be an O2 because it's related to both banks. You could have a clogged fuel filter, or even an air mass meter problem. Not a Ford tech, but that is a generel evaluation.
    Sorry didn't read that you replaced the fuel filter.
    Talking to a tech. Sounds like your correct, since it's both banks more than likely the air flow meter could be taking a shit.
    Aftermarket intakes can cause that problem.

Wet Dream
    Here's a great place that I use for my pickup. Everything Ford on the big side, like F series, Expeditions etc.
    Ford Forums (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)

racecar.hotshoe
    I would look for a vac leak!

racecar.hotshoe
    Take the maf off spray it clean with break clean not carb clean,let it dry reinstall done deal!.......$45 Please.......

Not So Fast
    Isn't it easy to just remove the K&N intake and re-install the OEM part and see if it all goes away????????????? NSF

HCS
    We've seen aftermarket intakes totally smoke AFM's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast