Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broke the motor today in my boat

so much for keeping my old motor and having it put in our new deck boat.my worst fear came true today while sitting on the trailer.i was going to wash my boat today and figured i would jam down to elsinore first and run a few hot laps since i was by myself.backed in started boat was running for about a minute and all the sudden the fuccking narly knock started i shut the boat off right away.sounds like a broken crank or rod never blew a boat up sitting on the trailer friggin peice of shitt.man i think this is going to be exspensive talked to a guy about pulling motor and putting it back in when its fixed and thats going to cost me 1600.00.

Kilrtoy
    That sucks sorry to hear this, hopefully it will be back up and running soon

NashvilleBound
    If there is a good side to this...at least it happened now and not in the middle of the season. There has to be a good side...right???? :notam:

i guess i will find out the badside tommorow when teague breaks it off in my ass.goodside is i had it home and didnt tow it all the way back to the river to have it brake in 2 minutes.

moneypit
    If there is another good side to the story, It will ONLY cost you $1600.

MUDXPRT
    Call Mike at Prime Marine in Rancho Cucamonga he R&R my motor and it was about $800.00. There a top notch company. Tell him Andre' sent you. (sorry I don't have his number handy but call Info.)

1600.00 just to pull motor and install,i think it will be a least another 5k to fix the motor so i figure about 7000.00

Tom Brown

Kindsvater Flat

Mandelon
    Damn, that sucks. :jawdrop:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast