Thread: I-15 to Searchlight?~?~?

RiverToysJas
    Does anyone know the current condition of the road from I-15 to Searchlight? (I can't remember the name off-hand)
    I know last year there were some posts about it being torn up with lot of small rocks that fly up and chip the boat and trailer. Is it still in that condition?
    Thanks,
    RTJas

RiverToysJas
    I don't remember the name Jason but you could always take the 40 and head up that way to Searchlight....
    I also don't know if the road is still torn up. I bet it is though simply because they don't work too fast out there....
    Thanks Tom!
    NIPTON - I just remembered! That's the road.
    I don't want to go 40/95 unless I know Nipton is chewed up. It's 255 from my house to Needles(15/40). It's 255 miles from my house to searthlight (15/Nipton). I don't want to add those extra miles and esp the time of almost going to Needles, then heading up. I will though, if it'll save the boat and trailer paint.
    RTJas

Flying Tiger
    Your're talking Hwy 164 from the 15 to Searchlite.(then on to Cottonwood).
    It's the road that most of the movie: " It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad world" was filmed on.
    Beautiful route, patrolled daily by Cal Trans crews and usually the condition is ok sometime after storms.
    No major storms for a spell so you should be OK. it's not neglected like Death Valley rds.
    To me, it's one of the most Sceanic, fun to travel routes in America.
    It's OK.

mike37
    I think its good now framer1 just went that way a few weeks ago
    its shorter and less traffic

RiverToysJas
    Your're talking Hwy 164 from the 15 to Searchlite.(then on to Cottonwood).
    That's a good idea!
    Thanks guys! this is the thread I was remembering... (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ghlight=nipton)
    RTJas

dirty old man
    use that road weekly, its fabulous for going to Cottonwood or Boulder City. The problem was many months ago, they resurfaced it and it was very rocky. there are still many potholes between Nipton and I-15

nextel4u
    Be careful of your speed on that road. I have been snagged a few times getting close to Searchlight. The NHP don't mess around out there!