Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Chair

JB in so cal
    Just bought one; anyone else? The wake on the boat is messed up for skiing and so-so for boarding; figured this would be a good way to get into the water. Been a couple years since the wifey got up on one; Looking to be able to do it this year, myself.
    Tips???
    (Besides, you should've got a Sky Ski...)

riverroyal
    let me take pictures

DeltaSigBoater
    Dont panic when you fall & have you thought of getting a helmet just incase.

mbrown2
    When starting, keep back straight and arms up when getting pulled up....
    After on plane, keep arms up and rope centered in the middle at about head level and lean slightly forward, not completely forward...this will keep the ski down and not have you going up and down....one you get the feel then you can bring you hands down....don't lean back while learning...this causes the foil to lift...and causes riders to porpoise up and down....
    These are the tips I was given from a couple regulars...will be learning myself this year...

JB in so cal
    let me take pictures
    Paybacks are a bitch!

Tom Brown
    Why are those things so crazy expensive? They sure look like a lot of fun.

mbrown2
    Why are those things so crazy expensive? They sure look like a lot of fun.I think it is supply and demand...cause folks will pay that much...

delusional502
    Pretty much as mbrown said but remember to use micro-movements when moving your arms. Don't wave them up and down like you're fanning a fire.
    Try to keep your back straight and your leaning backwards to an absolute minimum.
    There isn't too many of them down here in Oz but we bought one to break the boredom of skiing.
    These things are an absolute ball and when you are learning with somebody else it makes it even better.
    Hope you have a real blast.

riverbound
    The way I learned. Try to picture yourself in a recliner in full recline mode. When the boat starts to pullthe motion woudl be the same as getting out of the lazyboy. Roll forward and into position. Once up dont make any sudden moves, everything needs to be subtle. also remeber that everything is backwards arms up means ski down, arms down means ski up.
    Dont get frustrated with it it will take you a while to learn. but once you get it you wont want to do anything else. I havent touched a waterski since I have had my skyski.
    Did yo buy a stock or modified ski? As a begginer you dont want to try to learn on a modified ski.

manuel
    Just wave to everybody when you get big air :wink:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...50DCP01851.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast