Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roosevelt Lake

liquid diet
    Has anyone seen the lake lately? I have in-laws coming to town and we're planning a trip April 7th-9th. Last I heard the lake was 90% full, muddy and full of debris.
    I would drive up and look but that's three hours one way.
    Thanks

AZKC
    I've been trying to get up there myself, a guy from work was up there all weekend. I'll check with him and let you know.

jetboater5
    Roosevelt is way over 90% and yes the water is very murky. I have seen alot of people tubing and wake boarding. The debris is starting to settle. Tons of bass fishermen on the lake. The biggest problem Roosevelt is going to have is all the shoreline campgrounds are gone, which is really going to limit where you can launch from

AZKC
    Pretty much the same story from the guy here at work, he said the ramps were busy and parking lots full around Windy Hill. But Schoolhouse and Grapevine were not as busy. Most of the debris is around the shore with a few floating islands of debris. They didn't make it up to the north end.
    Man I need to get to work on my boat :hammer2:

James'SS-24
    I went two weekends ago and it was almost solid floating sh#t. :frown: Needless to say we didn't go very far. Still a nice day and a nice...very short ride on the water!

liquid diet
    Thanks guys...if its too bad I might go to Apache
    I'll post pics after the trip

AZKC
    Nothing wrong with going to Apache its a great lake. I prefer it but Roosevelt's got my curiosity up.

Magic34
    I heard that there were tons of rattlesnakes around the water, such as in bushes and swimming in the water. Has anyone seen that yet?
    Our realtor in Pine told me he was out there fishing and it seemed like every bush around the waterline had a pissed off rattlesnake in it. How would he know they were pissed, I don't know.
    Does this sound like what others have seen? I don't do snakes, especially Rattlers, so I might write this lake off for a while.

AZKC
    Haven't heard that , but it makes alot of sence. They all got displaced when the water came up I'm not a big snake guy myself :hammer2: I'll ask around.

jetboater5
    I just heard today from a couple of people that were at roosevelt yesterday, The rattlesnakes are all over the lake. If you stop and a snake is nearby they will come straight towards the boat and crawl in. The one guy I talked to said he had 5 snakes crawl in the boat. The other had 2 snakes in the boat. These guys are fishermen, from what the told me as there fishing the snakes will crawl in. neither of them had anybody with them so as they were busy fishing the snakes would just show up inside the boat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast