Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mtn Island (Charlotte) - Nascar Speed Week ?!?!?!

Jr Jetter
    Seems there are already a couple dates for Mtn Island lake in the near future, so wanted to throw another one out there for any of the Nascar fans and live music fans.
    ** Orange Peel and others are looking at April 30th weekend...
    ** Huffer is looking at Memorial Day weekend (end of May)....
    How about during the Nascar speed week here in Charlotte ???? Dates are Saturday May 21st, race starts at 7pm the first weekend, and Sunday May 29th, race starts at 5pm (according the the race site calendar).
    I have not been able to find out the schedule as of yet, but the week between the races here in Charlotte parts of downtown are closed to traffic. They have multiple bands and stages of various variety playing music usually starting Thurs night (26th) thru Sat night (28th). As well as many cars, displays, games for kids, food, etc...
    So if you are a Nascar fan, or like lots of live music and a big downtown party.....come on to Charlotte and bring your boats with you. Us locals will be at Mtn Island lake during the day, and probably be downtown at night checking out the scene (and bands). I will post up a listing of who is playing what night as soon as I can find the info... Of course, this is all weather permitting and depends on what mood Mother Nature is in....

MrsMarKist
    Phil, I think that weekend is a great idea... Which it really don't matter to me we will be at Mt. Island all of those weekends anyway..

Jr Jetter
    Phil, I think that weekend is a great idea... Which it really don't matter to me we will be at Mt. Island all of those weekends anyway..
    Same here, weather permitting will be there both weekends as well anyway.....just putting another date out there for others from out of town who might want to boat and check out some Nascar stuff at night, and/or check out some live music and the festivities downtown.

sleekcraft76
    count us in !!

MOPARMARLIN
    Just Curious -- Is Everyone Going On Sat. Or Sun -- What Time?
    We Will Probably Go Both Days -- Just Wondering What Everyone Was Doing -- Thx Steve

MANIC MECHANIC
    Parts delivery permitting (meaning we need a new distibutor for the boat, ordered weeks ago), we would like to come down Memorial day weekend.
    Where exactly is Mtn Island Lake?
    Tim

DaveA
    Parts delivery permitting (meaning we need a new distibutor for the boat, ordered weeks ago), we would like to come down Memorial day weekend.
    Where exactly is Mtn Island Lake?
    Tim
    It's the little creek that's the tailrace of the Lake Norman/Cowan's Ford dam
    Naw, not really. It's the next lake south of Lake Norman. If you look at a map of the area, it's between Norman and Lake Wylie which reaches down into South Carolina. It's not big, but it's also not heavily populated and so it's not too crowded on the weekends like Norman can be.
    Even tho I live on Lake Norman, I'm gonna pop up on Mt Island without warning some this spring...I got this trailer for my boat, you see, and....well, somebody's gotta bring a v-drive down there to hang with those jets! Like, maybe they just need somebody to pick on...
    More info on Mt Island Lake (http://www.dukepower.com/community/l.../mtnisland.asp)

Jr Jetter
    Dave A,
    You are welcome to hang with us anytime !! Need to keep your trailer in good shape anyway (by using it from time to time)....lol.
    Tim,
    Its on Hwy 16 just west of I-77 or north of I-85. You can call us, we could meet you anywhere near by and/or just guide you right to it.
    Steve (Mopar),
    We will probably be there both days that weekend (weather permitting of course). Shelby huh ? Thats not far away at all. Did you come to Lk James last fall with us ? Just curious if we've met before or not.

well, you said, that you was gonna update us on the band list? where is it.....Jr. LOL :2purples:
    Markist

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    well, you said, that you was gonna update us on the band list? where is it.....Jr. LOL :2purples:
    Markist
    Yeah what he said

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast