Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: tunes!

fire on the water
    I've got a 19' RexCraft w/no tunes http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif. What kinda of systems does every body have? Whats a good setup for a boat my size? Speaker sizes, decks, amps and subs. Like most jets, interior space is on the short side. Any help is appreciated!! Ty

rivercrazy
    What are you goals? Do you want to kill fish or enjoy the stereo in the boat but not from shore?

rivercrazy
    Do a board "search" using the word "stereos". Read some of the historical posts. The resident experts (not me!) will become apparent really quick...

1quickjet
    I built and installed a system in my jet that turned out absolutely killer for very little $$. If I may, let me ofer this advice. Make sure you shop around a lot! There are lots of good deals to be found out there, but just as many crooked shops trying to rip you off and give you crappy components. Do your homework. The last thing you want to do is hand over the checkbook. The mobile audio industry is a frustrating and confusing one, but with some research you will be happy with the end result. Make sure all the components will work with each other. Trust the bigger brand names. There is usually a reason their components are popular. If you are looking into a subwoofer for bass, remember this, its all about enclosure design! The subwoofer box design can make or break a system. If anyone tries to tell you any different, run. Oh yeah one more thing, regarding amplifiers in boats, run fans! The amps will easily thermal and shut-off in Arizona heat. When in doubt, go overkill on the fans. Sorry to seem like a know-it-all, but this is a touchy subject with me. I constantly see so many people spending way too much $$ only to have an ill sounding system that they are unsatisfied with. If anyone tries to tell you that a rippin' system can'y be built on a budget, tell them to meet me on the river and listen. Good luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

fire on the water
    thanx guys, I'll do some more research, before I shell out the dough. Good stuff in the search board. TH

wsm9808
    cool, I never noticed there was a "search" for the board. Learn something new on here every day.

Kwicherbichen
    Hey 1Quickjet,
    Sounds like you did a good job on a budget? Maybe you could help some of us other budget minded boaters out and post your layout. List your setup and costs with some pics perhaps. I know I would appreciate it.
    Brian

1quickjet
    No problem! Give me 'till tommorrow and I will try and dig up reciepts. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

XClutchboy725
    A Sound System install is on my to do list this winter as well.
    Question........
    Does the bow area in a boat like mine make a good bass enclosure?
    I was thinking of mounting a couple of free-air speakers in the bulkhead.
    Which way should they face? in or out? (my bulkhead has a cutout for storage of skis, life jackets, etc)
    any and all input appreciated....
    http://members.aol.com/xclutchboy725/images/boat2.gif

Chestah Cheetah
    Clutchboy, my opinion - stay away from free air speakers. You'll never get that difinite bass that you would with an enclosed setup. Some of the stereo gurus may be able to go into more detail. I along with other friends have had them and we came to the conclusion that they are worthless. Maybe someone has done a bad ass system with free airs, but it's just so much easier and better with enclosed.
    Idea: I met a guy at the rock bar in Parker with a 21 Schiada that had 1 12" Solo Baric in a box that ROCKED! Had trouble just keeping my balance on the deck (maybe beer + sun affected me? Naaaahhhh!).
    [This message has been edited by Chestah Cheetah (edited December 04, 2001).]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast