Thread: I need a speaker!!!!

cdog
    Any one have a super duper ***boat deal on a eclipse 12 sub? Part # SW7124DVC-T4. The glue that holds the cone to the inner speaker let go on me sunday out at havasu. I need a new one. Thanks.

Havasu Hangin'
    Two words..."duct tape"
    BTW...ole HH has repaired more than one sub with Krazy Glue and toilet paper. Manufacturers used to ship some subs with screwdriver holes in them...go figure.
    :supp:

cdog
    Two words..."duct tape"
    BTW...ole HH has repaired more than one sub with Krazy Glue and toilet paper. Manufacturers used to ship some subs with screwdriver holes in them...go figure.
    :supp:
    Should I just 5 minute epoxy it? Will that work?

phebus
    If you use silicone sealant, it would stay flexible. Just a thought. I had some Alpine coax speakers where the center cone that contained the tweeter came loose, and the silicone sealant worked fine . Replaced them anyway though, they never did sound good.

Havasu Hangin'
    Should I just 5 minute epoxy it? Will that work?
    If it's just the dust cover...no worries. I've even repaired small holes in the surround...then play it till it breaks (it usually never did).
    Super glue is pretty light and strong...

cdog
    The glue on there is a epoxy type glue. It's hard.

cdog
    It seperated from the back side of the cone, in the center. The inner speaker is glued to the backside of the cone which makes the cone pop in and out. I can get in there with some epoxy and re attach it. I just wonder how long it will last.

Havasu Hangin'
    It seperated from the back side of the cone, in the center. The inner speaker is glued to the backside of the cone which makes the cone pop in and out. I can get in there with some epoxy and re attach it. I just wonder how long it will last.
    Ya got nothing to lose...I always say.

Scarlett Fever
    I'll check out a price for you tomorrow...