Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know it's expensive but it will save your ass.

KACHINA KEN
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...oductId=221657
    I am getting 6 of these for my new 34' Kachina, I will be doing alot of offshore stuff and SCOPE stuff so it seems like a natural choice. I know they arent attractive but I want all my crew to live in the event of a stuff, crash or ditch. These are great for doing your runs up the river to the sandbar or out on a run to catalina where you can get into some big stuff. They dont take up much space as they stay uninflated until you splash in the water, they are supposed to turn you "face to sky' if you are knocked unconcious and even if you get them in black they inflate in bright yellow. i guess they are also real easy to repack in the event of an accidental inflation. Take it for what its worth, I just know that a big reason people dont wear there PFD's is because they restrict their movement.

Phat Matt
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...oductId=221657
    I am getting 6 of these for my new 34' Kachina, I will be doing alot of offshore stuff and SCOPE stuff so it seems like a natural choice. I know they arent attractive but I want all my crew to live in the event of a stuff, crash or ditch. These are great for doing your runs up the river to the sandbar or out on a run to catalina where you can get into some big stuff. They dont take up much space as they stay uninflated until you splash in the water, they are supposed to turn you "face to sky' if you are knocked unconcious and even if you get them in black they inflate in bright yellow. i guess they are also real easy to repack in the event of an accidental inflation. Take it for what its worth, I just know that a big reason people dont wear there PFD's is because they restrict their movement.
    $200! Damn, can I just borrow yours? :wink:

Sleek-Jet
    200.00 ain't bad... aren't the poker run Lifeline's around 500.00 a piece??
    Might look into a couple for the boat this spring... thanks Ken...

Garrddogg
    Them are pretty nifty gonna have to pick up a couple!!

Magic34
    [url]. i guess they are also real easy to repack in the event of an accidental inflation.
    Watch your back.... They might "accidentally" inflate a lot.

KACHINA KEN
    Watch your back.... They might "accidentally" inflate a lot. Only if you throw water on me :idea:

Sleek-Jet
    So do they have to be submerged to inflate, or how much water does it take to get them to go off???

Magic34
    Only if you throw water on me :idea:
    Forget running the boat in the poker run... I'll be in the helicopter with a water gun.

superdave013
    Those might work if your boat sinks. If you crash at any speed I would think they will come right off. I don't see leg straps on those and they sure won't help you out with any impact.
    If you are going to go fast get a real jacket.

PHX ATC
    If you are going to go fast get a real jacket.
    It's a Kachina.
    Just kidding Ken....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast