Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CONGRATS JackPunx!!!

fourspeednup
    WOW!!!! Congrats JP! I'll have to catch up with the rest of this tomorrow, hope to see some pics and vids

BoatFloating
    Try in the low to mid 140 range depending on prop slip!!!
    6400 RPM 1.24 Gears 32P prop, You do the math!!!!
    Where did you go to school Rocko!!
    18 more hours and im off to the river, ye haw!!!
    I went to school because I didn't have a daddy to bail my ass out....
    :hammer2:

Robbie Racer
    Congratulations JP, awesome performance. Did you happen to have a GPS on board to confirm the prop slip estimate? You might have beat Rock-it-man's best run (so far) of 141.9 mph.
    RR

HP350SC
    Robbie- Do you think a 5 blade Herring would shave some slip off of your numbers, and net you some speed? Not that you need much more

Boatmaster
    Has anyone told Talk-It-Man JP is coming to the Cat Attack this year. Wow third place is going to be hard for him to deal with :frown: .

Jrocket
    So whats the official number that it ran?

BADBLOWN572
    So whats the official number that it ran?
    They don't know for sure because they didn't have GPS, but it was in the HIGH 130 range or low 140's. Also, just remember that this is Elsinore. My boat picked up 5 mph just going from Elsinore to Havasu. Elsinore is a very slow lake. Run it in Havasu in January and you will p/u a lot more speed than what is currently being done. The question is, does he want to?

jackpunx
    The thing is.. We didn’t have GPS on the boat.. Those numbers could be way off..
    Al has driven lots of boats very fast.. He believes we hit that number based on the very conservative slip we entered and I was also running a worked 32 (worked up to a 33)..
    Worked 32 (33)
    1.24 gears
    12% slip
    6400 RPM’s
    The day was amazing.. We got there.. Al was there and got to see the boat for the first time since all the work was done.. I think he was happy with the work...
    LET ME SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME... as happy as Al is with the work done and the performance of this boat.. The motor is not NOT NOT recommended power for this boat or from Johns custom marine..
    Having said that.. It made my day to ride with Him.. we took a long look at the boat.. Al gave me some set up suggestions.. Then we went for a ride.. We grabbed our LIFELINES.. and took off.. I warmed up the oil.. then headed for the speed center.. we got in it and rolled up to a quick 120ish.. Then rolled out with out issue.. I looked at Al and he then told me ..that he was a bad passenger and had never been over 100mph as a passenger.. but that my respect for the boat and water made him comfortable.. This made my day.. I was nervous enough already.. I know I can drive and that anything can happen at any time.. but Al is a PROFESIONAL driver and has been in the top of his class from the day he started racing to the day he stopped.. So this coming from him was a huge compliment..
    Then I asked him to drive..
    This used to be his personal boat.. so .. he got in.. Drove it softly to see if it still handled the same way.. I have added Amps and subs to the front of the boat.. the motor weighs more.. so... it would have been a bit different.. When he got the feeling of it.. we headed towards the speed center.. He eased into it.. just feeling the response of the boat to the power.. then he rolled some more and I saw his foot hit the wood.. We jumped up to about 6k..at that point I stopped looking at the tach.. and started to watch the water.. He clicked up again.. and the boat lifted and freed up again.. then the tach jumped up to 6400.. and he lifted.. the boat came down flat and straight.. I think he was impressed with his hull to say the least.. I know as quick as the RPMs were jumping that we could probably spin a bigger prop.. Im not sure at this point it makes sense..
    The water conditions were perfect.. about 6-12" of wind chop and no boat traffic..
    Again .. we had NO GPS.. we could have been running a 20% slip and going 102mph.. its more likely that we were running a 10% slip rather than 12.. but who knows..
    The hand held GPS I have is cheap and can not keep up with the acceleration this boat has.. so that is next..
    Mark

jackpunx
    Congratulations JP, awesome performance. Did you happen to have a GPS on board to confirm the prop slip estimate? You might have beat Rock-it-man's best run (so far) of 141.9 mph.
    RR
    Robbie.. call me .. I have something for you.
    Mark

jackpunx
    oh ya, I knew I signed up the right man!!!!
    congrats babe!!! Your a smart man and safe driver so I'm not worried about you + speed at all...........................have fun!
    thanks baby

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast