Thread: Travel Agent Help!

MUDXPRT
    I want to plan a trip to maui for next summer for my family. I belong to AAA and I don't know whether to go thru them or does anyone recommend a good travel agent.

racecar.hotshoe
    Call Lucy at CL Travel tell her Mark & Melissa McGuire told you to call
    951-679-0031...........

Dawn Patrol
    Call a couple of travel agents for pricing. From what my "Old" travel agent told me was, "I can't really get you a better price than you can yourself online, If your going on a Cruise, that's a different story".
    Good Luck.

JB in so cal
    Go to a "Packager"; Pleasant Hawaiian, Hawaii World, Go Hawaii, etc. through an agent. They'll give you a total cost of the three segments; Air, Hotel and Car. At that point you can decide if you want to check further into online deals and put together your own or use the agent and see if he/she can do something as well.
    My advise would be go with a Package because if something happens/go south/gets effed up, your agent has the ability to go back to the wholesaler and "make you whole" again. Say, your room isn't exactly what you thought it was going to be, you call your agent, they call the Wholesaler, etc. ----You book online, your room isn't what you thought, then what???
    You will without a doubt, be able to find all of the segments for less money, but for a few bucks you'll get great service and piece of mind.
    On a side note, the Wholesalers may be running specials for the time you want to go and they incent the agents to get that stuff sold, so an even better deal may be out there with your name on it!

Longtime Lurker
    I am an Office Manager with AAA and would love to work up a quote, we use Pleasant Holidays and Hawaii World. I would encourage you to use an agent of some sort, sometimes you can caught out in the cold using the internet, especially if something goes wrong!
    PM me and I can work up a package for you, even if it is just to see if I can beat the net. AAA prides itself on member service and can sometimes offer small incentives that others can't.

pixilatedpussy
    I want to plan a trip to maui for next summer for my family. I belong to AAA and I don't know whether to go thru them or does anyone recommend a good travel agent.
    My mom is a long time travel agent who knows Hawaii like she was born there (AS IF) but really just try & call her! Sandy @ Nationwide Travel (714)969-8958 I swear she will hook u up!!!!!!! We are headed to the big island at the end of April, Satying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village ( I guess it is preety HIGH DOLLAR) but she got our family a killer deal, and we are flying American :mix:

C-2
    uhhhh.....
    Isn't the operator of this site (***boat) a big Mauii guy?
    http://www.mauiinfo.com/
    I would think he can hook you up.

OutCole'd
    Can I hijack this thread?
    How about one one of those Club Med trips to Ixtapa Mexico? Where is the best place to look for that? And is it too late to done one for this Summer?

Longtime Lurker
    OutCole'd, not necessarily...depends on your dates. The kicker might be the airfare. I will tell you the same thing call a Travel Agent, you can PM me and I can talk to you in more detail about it.