Thread: Need a reverse cable

9er
    I need to pick up a reverse cable within the next two days. I looked on the Rex site and it looks like I need a Teleflex Morse 43BC. So, how do you measure it? Is it end to end or just the sleeve????
    Anyone near South OC carry them?
    I have a 20' Carrera Eclipse....
    Thanks

Measure it end to end. We have good stock of Teleflex every length from 10-20 feet. Local so cal UPS delivery is normally one day, we can ship same day if you order in the AM. Just give a call if you need any help or assistance.
    If you are taking out a Morse or Teleflex cable most all have the length stamped into the cable jacket either in inches (like a part number then 144 or 168 etc) or feet.

I need to pick up a reverse cable within the next two days. I looked on the Rex site and it looks like I need a Teleflex Morse 43BC. So, how do you measure it? Is it end to end or just the sleeve????
    Anyone near South OC carry them?
    I have a 20' Carrera Eclipse....
    Thanks
    just take the old 1 out & measure it...if u dont have 1 at all...i think u measure from the f/r lever to the reverse arm on the pump...i think they are 10-12' long...call Rex early am (Tue)...he will know what u need & can prob get it to u fast...same day
    fastrat

If you don't have an old cable a good way to measure is use a piece of flexible hose routed where you want it to go (no tight bends) then pull the hose out and measure it. 20' boat will likely use a cable at least 15-16' possibly longer depending on layout.

9er
    Measure it end to end. We have good stock of Teleflex every length from 10-20 feet. Local so cal UPS delivery is normally one day, we can ship same day if you order in the AM. Just give a call if you need any help or assistance.
    If you are taking out a Morse or Teleflex cable most all have the length stamped into the cable jacket either in inches (like a part number then 144 or 168 etc) or feet.
    Yeah, I'm taking out a red jacket Morse. Problem is, the stamping is on the outside (pump end) and is barely readable. I imagine if it were stamped on the rack end it would stay protected.
    I'll give you a call now. Do we get any HB discounts????

9er
    I also need the cable seal. It threads into the bowl shroud, has a rubber insert and another cap threads onto the outside to compress the seal. Anyone know who has those??????
    THanks

9er
    Thanks guys, I called Rex and talked to Jason.
    Got the cable, seal, pivot and went ahead and got a new steering tube with the grease seal.
    We're back in business.