Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Big Block Safari

Infomaniac
    Nope a Safari is not a boat. It is a GMC version of an Astro Van. Need a street/strip machine to help promote the shop. Do plenty of promoting at the lake now time to do it on the pavement.
    Starting out with this Safari. I wanted a panel van but this is the one I ended up with. Traded a 383 short block for it. We did one for a guy and he never picked it up. So....
    http://moritzmachine.com/Safari.jpg
    And this is what I intend to install in it. Some might recognize this as a Trident 522 but with a BDS 8-71 Roots Blower. The combination works so well I'm gonna put one to good use.
    http://moritzmachine.com/SomeMore.jpg
    I even shot some video of the engine before taking it to the dyno.
    Engine Idling on Test Stand (http://moritzmachine.com/5228-71.wmv)

would love to be able to do that. out here in this p.o.s. state. unless its before 1975 you have to have all the equipment on it that came from the factory.
    pat(slotracer)

Infomaniac
    Wow that sucks. :notam: :notam:
    Did I mention it will have a 9" rear end, Shorty powerglide tranny and the engine mounted right in the middle of the van?

Blown 472
    What are you going to do for the dog house? you going to put some tire under it?

hell you better put some wings on it cause it's going to be one badass mini-van.
    pat(slotracer) :crossx:

Infomaniac
    I'll cross the dog house thing later in the project.
    Might end up with a lexan wall on the back of the cage sectioning off the rear of the van. Leave the engine open so it will breathe.
    Gonna move the springs inboard of the frame rails. That leaves 13 inches of space in the stock wheel wells.
    So NO serious tires but enough I hope.

would love to be able to do that. out here in this p.o.s. state. unless its before 1975 you have to have all the equipment on it that came from the factory.
    pat(slotracer)
    Actually Pat, ANY year must retain all it's equipment...and that's also a Federal regulation. Ca is just not TESTING vehicles any older than 1975 although vehicles older than 75 can be sent in for an emissions check under certain circumstances. BTW, the Ca emissions program exists because the FEDS required it.
    Info, this gonna be a wheelstander?

Infomaniac
    Info, this gonna be a wheelstander?
    You know man it would be really cool if it was. But not sure if it will with a pump gas engine in it.
    If it is really close, I'm pretty sure I can find a few more ponies to make it happen.

GofastRacer
    pat(slotracer)
    Dude trust me you live in heaven, come to this FKN cesspool of the USA and it's 1966 on back!.. :angry2: :angry2:

Blown 472
    Game on here, but we have that nasty crap snow.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast