Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Big Block Safari

Snowboat
    Cool project. Another retirement dream shattered. No laws in OK, to speak of, lots of water. Now I see that you get snow. At least in doesn't get below zero. Don't shatter that one, too. Info, check your PM's.

Infomaniac
    LOL that snow only lasted 2 days man. And only hung around where there were shadows and no sun.

maxwedge
    Smog laws! Yes, I knew there was a reason why I moved to IL. I forgot about those pesky things. Sure there are federal laws, but if nobody ever checks or enforces them, then it's kinda the same as not having any, right? Unless of course you feel a moral obligation to protect the air or something weird like that. Isn't that what we have Californians for? I guess it's nice you guys do something usefull over there in CA, YA GAWDDAMNN YEAR ROUND SUNSHINE, OCEAN BEACHES, HOT BOAT BIKINI GIRL, HAVIN FUN, NON-SNOW SHOVELING, WINDSHEILD NOT HAVING TO SCRAPE MOTHERF**KERS! Not that I'm jelous or anything.

you could always move here and have it. only problem is you never know what laws they are going to pass to take away your next enjoyment thing to do.
    pat(slotracer)

Unchained
    That sounds like a real interesting project Ron.
    I seen the "Hurst Hemi Underglass" wheelstander car at a show several years ago and was amazed to see that they used a Casale V drive box mounted behind the rear axle so that let them mount the engine way back.
    Then the differential was aimed toward the back of the car.
    There were a couple blocks of about 2" square steel that touched the ground when the front end was way off the ground and that's what made a shower of sparks.

Liberator TJ1984
    Back in highschool the local gearhead took a Volkswagon beetle body and mounted it on a shortened Nova frame , Dropped in a 383 magnum out of a charger ,the engine was infront of you and completely open ,we sat in the back seat area , extended the steering shaft and was all direct drive, no driveshaft w/glide shifting to 9" narrowed rear w/ 5.66's :crossx:
    use ta freak lots of folks out when you pulled up to them in a bug with nobody in the front seat area then smoked the tires for blocks when you left the lights

Infomaniac
    Went to visit the van today. they have the interior stripped and had some preliminary chop lines laid out. Decided on 8" of chop all the way around. And will probably roll in the remaining posts instead of widen the top to fit. Laid the tape out to represent where the top of the window will be.
    http://moritzmachine.com/8side.jpg
    http://moritzmachine.com/8rear.jpg
    I think the front mark is still laid out at 6 when we were debating 6" or 8" worth of chop.
    http://moritzmachine.com/8front.jpg

Infomaniac
    Will be installing these Fat Boy race seats as I call them. LOL
    http://moritzmachine.com/seats.jpg

INEEDAV
    Cool project. Another retirement dream shattered. No laws in OK, to speak of, lots of water. Now I see that you get snow. At least in doesn't get below zero. Don't shatter that one, too. Info, check your PM's.
    Ken your necks not the right color to live in OK.
    Just kidding, anyway, hurry up an buy a place there so I have somewhere to vacation around home.
    Cool project Ron.

Snowboat
    Gotta wait two years Billy. Keep your eyes open. I assume you are planning a vacation.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast